500+ Ongoing clinical trials;160+ Projects in clinical development;80+ Major submissions planned 2020-
2022. Novartis GDD (Global Drug Development) oversees the development of new medicines
discovered by our researchers and partners. It drives breakthrough innovations to improve and extend
the lives of millions.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Independently plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments/GMPtesting/manufacturing plant activities under minimal supervision; handle several activities at a time.
• Take over responsibility for and utilize special tools/equipment or specialized facilities as an expert;
schedule and perform maintenance and qualification of instruments/equipment
• Proactively identify conflict situations and contribute to solutions. Work according to appropriate standards for quality, ethics, health, safety, environment protection, and information security; lead initiatives to ensure continuous improvement.
• Documentation of raw data, evaluate and interpret results; propose and actively support the design
of next experiments. Review and verify raw data generated by others; approval of tests/experiments
performed by others. Write protocols, scientific reports or lab procedures based on templates or SOPs under minimal supervision.
• For technical development units: Develop new methods or optimize existing methods/processes (lab or plant); contribute to development and implementation of new technologies.Uses professional concepts and company's policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways. -Contributes to some cost center goals and objectives -
• Establish innovative solutions for verification and control of critical quality attributes, critical material attributes or critical process parameter in cooperation with other colleagues. Establish control procedures and specifications and review test procedures.
• Generate scientific documents to hand over to internal and/or external partners (e.g., MST, TechOps, authorities, external companies) and support generation of international registration documents under minimal supervision. If assigned this task, maintenance of
infrastructure/equipment and required investments (e.g. system ownership). Generate lab procedures or SOP’s, generate protocols and reports
• Lead technical meetings during product development at the local level as well as on the level of SDC network Report and present scientific/technical results internally and contribute to publications, presentations and patents.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Operations Management and Execution
• Project Management
• Representing the organization
• Collaborating across boundaries
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could achieve here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s
representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, follow us via Novartis Group WeChat Recruitment Account.
Accessibility and Accommodation:
Novartis is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.