6000! This is the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients. The Biologics Center (NBC) is accommodated within the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). NBC, in collaboration with the disease areas and technical expert groups, builds the future biologics therapy pipeline of Novartis through the discovery and creation of new antibody, protein, nucleic acid and virus-based molecules.
We are in search of a Senior Scientist with expertise in protein mass spectrometry/quantitative proteomics in our Cambridge, MA location. Join the immunoproteomics team committed to support innovative biological drug discovery efforts and make a difference in lives.
What you’ll be doing: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Immunogenicity assessment and profiling of biologics and new modalities using LC-MS for the identification of naturally processed MHC associated peptides.
• Supporting mechanistic investigations of immunogenicity observed in patients
• Supporting mechanistic understanding of molecule mode of action.
• Supporting biotherapeutics candidate design/selection and assessment of new formats.
• Addressing target specific mechanistic questions and increasing internal knowledge base.
• Collaborate extensively across functional groups and a matrixed, cross-functioning team setting.
• Present results in team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups.
This position will be located at the Cambridge, MA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require 0% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role: (required)
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. with 5+ years relevant experience in academia or industry.
• Hands-on mass spec experience (both in sample prep and LC-MS) and some level analysis is needed.
• Experience in developing and performing proteomics experiments, nano LC-MS/MS, and analysis and interpretation of LC-MS/MS data using public and commercially available software (PEAKs, Proteome Discoverer, others).
• Translate key scientific questions to essential proteomics experiments; design the study jointly with project team collaborators.
• Self-motivated to explore new research areas, learn presentation skills and report writing, to further independently conducting and critically analyzing own research with minimal supervision.
• Strong organization skills, verbal and writing communication skills for documentation of experiments, data analyses and communication of progress to manager and other team members.
• Experience with quantitative proteomics (TMT, SILAC, label free), protein post-translational modification analysis, protein-protein-interaction analysis.
• Experience with protein isolation from cells, tissue and biofluids. Immunoprecipitation or chemical affinity enrichment to selectively enrich proteins from complex biological samples.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for Covid-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected] .