Are you energized by the challenge of understanding how vaccines components work in humans and shaping the next generation of vaccines?
If so, this Expert Scientist opportunity could be an exciting one to consider.
As an Expert Scientist in the High Paramatric Flow Cytometry & Immunomonitoring Team, you will be responsible for leading and performing immune monitoring activities on human clinical trial samples, ensuring business needs are supported and technology platforms advanced.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities and to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Manage all or part of clinical trial exploratory endpoints, including material transfer, reagent ordering, complex high parametric flow cytometry experiment planning and execution, and data analysis
- Lead the development of novel flow cytometry assays by ensuring state-of-the-art cytometry equipment and reagents are being used and evaluated in a continuous manner
- Independently follow established protocols and develop new ones
- Manage requests and usage of human biological samples across teams abiding to GSK and local regulations
- Interact effectively with colleagues from other Departments for technical and scientific matters to deliver on the Immunomonitoring Team overall goals that will support the selection of novel vaccine candidates & platform technology development
- Independently write specific technical sections of internal and external reports and scientific papers. Prepare detailed oral or written summaries of results with interpretation for projects/programs. Present and discuss results at internal and external meetings
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MSc + 5 years or PhD + 3 years of experience in a Flow Cytometry testing laboratory setting
- Experience with human cells/tissues preparation and culture in aseptic conditions.
- 5 years hands-on experience of complex flow cytometry assays development
- Fluent in written and spoken English
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Expert level in immunology, e.g. characterization of T-cell and B-cells subsets, intracellular cytokine staining, innate immune cells
- Problem solving, proactive and solution oriented
- Uncertainty, changes in priority and timeline pressure management
- Prior experience in working in a GLP/GCLP environment
- Flow cytometry applied to clinical samples project management experience
- Demonstrated capability to maintain and troubleshoot flow cytometry instruments
- Leadership/People management experience
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We created two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.*LI-GSK *This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record