Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. In this role will be responsible for supporting the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of our mRNA-based vaccine platforms, through the production and characterization of mRNA-based vaccine candidates for multiple viral vaccine R&D programs at Pfizer VRD. As a Senior Associate Scientist in our group, you will be part of a highly dynamic and productive team, and should possess a strong work ethic, a collaborative spirit and be adaptable to fast-paced work environments. As a member of our team, you will be exposed to all aspects of mRNA-based vaccine platforms and learn many essential skills and principles in the vaccine development field. Your skills and expertise will be essential to our ability to continue developing our growing vaccine pipeline here at Pfizer VRD. How You Will Achieve It
- Apply molecular biology and cell biology to advance and optimize our mRNA-based vaccine platform technology.
- Perform molecular techniques that include (but are not limited to) recombinant DNA, sequencing, DNA/RNA isolation, RT-qPCR/ddPCR, mRNA synthesis, manipulation, and analysis.
- Maintain cell lines and perform multiple in vitro cell-based assays based on flow cytometry and imaging analyses to characterize and evaluate mRNA vaccine candidates
- Ability to work independently to design, generate, analyze and interpret experimental data, as well as present findings to manager, colleagues and in larger department meetings
- Generate and characterize reagents used to perform necessary assays and support maintenance of laboratory supplies and processes.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactorily completes all safety and quality training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Virology, or a related scientific field. MS with at least 1 year of practical laboratory research experience, or BS with at least 3 years of laboratory research experience.
- Laboratory hands-on experience with standard molecular biology techniques (eg. PCR, qPCR, cloning, DNA/RNA production and purification, sequencing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of molecular biology and sequence analysis software, and proficiency Microsoft Office, Graphpad and Geneous.
- Must be detail oriented; possess problem solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
- Industry experience preferred
- Previous experience handling and manipulating mRNA preferred
- Experience with image and flow cytometry-based assays highly desirable
Basic laboratory training in aseptic technique is essential. The capacity to work effectively in a highly visible research program with time-constrained milestones.
Work is primarily performed at the laboratory bench or at an office desk using a computer. The job involves lifting loads, generally not more than 20 pounds.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development