Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Viral Vaccine group is seeking for a motivated Sr. Associate Scientist with a strong understanding and experience in DNA synthesis and molecular biology contribute to help optimize vaccine design strategies in viral vaccine development. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of our RNA-based vaccine platform. The incumbent will support DNA synthesis, molecular cloning, and construct characterization. In particular, the incumbent will assist in the implementation of novel synthetic technology and molecular biology approaches that can rapidly, accurately, and efficiently produce high-quality DNA constructs to make game-changing RNA vaccines with superior efficacy or for other virology applications. Besides, bioinformatics skills of the incumbent will provide team knowledge to optimize the RNA vaccine platform and antigen design. Work and documentation are to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and cGLP guidelines where appropriate. The incumbent will be part of a dynamic team and should possess a strong work ethic and collaborative spirit. How You Will Achieve It
- Apply gene synthesis technologies and molecular biology to advance our RNA-based vaccine platform technology.
- Perform molecular biology techniques that include recombinant DNA techniques, sequence analysis, PCR, restriction digestion, ligation/Gibson Assembly/ Golden Gate assembly, miniprep, maxiprep, DNA/RNA concentration determine, agarose gel analysis, RT-qPCR/ddPCR, RNA manipulation and analysis.
- Perform basic bioinformatic sequence analysis and manipulation, such as blast, motif search, sequence modification, and protein structure interpretation.
- Support the development and implementation of molecular tools and assays to characterize DNA/RNA.
- In collaboration with manager, interpret and summarize experimental data. Present experimental results at group meetings as needed.
- Generate and characterize reagents used to perform necessary assays and support maintenance of laboratory supplies.
- Regular review of literature to maintain knowledge of scientific trends and industry processes, advance molecular biology, and RNA-based vaccine.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactorily completes all safety and quality training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Binformatics, Virology, or a related scientific field. MS with 0-2 years of research experience, or BS with 3+ years of laboratory research experience.
- Laboratory hands-on experience with standard molecular biology techniques.
- Technical expertise of bioinformatics sequence analysis, Python and/or R programming.
- Must be detail oriented; possess problem solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Adaptability to changing priorities and projects is expected.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
- Previous experience handling and manipulating DNA synthesis preferred.
- Previous experience with automated Sanger Sequencing and DNA synthesis preferred.
- Expertise of providing insight of protein 3D structure.
Strong laboratory training in aseptic technique is essential. Ability to work with infectious agents safely. The capacity to work effectively in a highly visible research program with time-constrained milestones. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position requires occasional weekend work to meet critical timelines.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development