Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world. ROLE SUMMARY
We are looking for a Sr. Associate Scientist who contributes to DNA template production workstream as part of the strain change effort at Pfizer . This position will be within Early Bioprocess Development, VRD, Pearl River NY. The incumbent will contribute to a program dedicated to the production of m RNA for use as a vaccine entity. Major responsibilities of the role are the execution and record-keeping of manufacture of DNA template at the milligram/gram scale. In addition to the chief responsibility of DNA template production, the incumbent would also function in purification process in-vitro transcription and analytical capacities as necessary . A background in molecular biology , biochemistry or biochemical engineering would be components of a successful candidate's background. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The incumbent's primary assignment is manufactur ing DNA template u sing enzymatic reactions /bacterial culture for mRNA production .
- Manufacture will be at milligram/gram scale, and will generally require the use of bio chemical reactor systems
- Execution and relevant production data will be formally recorded in accordance with established recording procedures and systems in a timely and compliant manner
- The incumbent will be expected to perform other activities as necessary, including analysis, purification, in vitro transcription, formulation, and DNA work
- Fully documents experimentation in laboratory notebooks in a timely and compliant manner.
- Works irregular hours (weekends and outside of 9-5 format) as experiments warrant
- Bachelor 's degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, biochemical engineering , Biotechnology or related discipline with up to 2 years of experience
- Familiar with the design and execution of E coli culture, plasmid DNA puri f ication and enzymatic DNA amplification reaction.
- Familiar with analytical techniques such as agarose gel electrophoresis, DNA quantification, Nanopore sequen cer , fragment analyzer , and HPLC
- Ability to work on familiar tasks with limited instruction and supervision
- Collaborates in a team environment
- Compiles and organizes data
- Has experience in preparing and making summary presentations
Ability to lift 50LBS and could move objects between labs. Detailed understanding of the scientific subject matter an ability to make scientific judgments and to perform data analysis.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
The work requires a flexible work schedule to properly perform experiments to meet the project timeline. This may involve the necessity of working outside of core hours and on weekends.
\nRelocation support available\n
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development