The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer in Cardiovascular Disease.
The successful candidate will strengthen the academic base within the Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine (WWIEM) at Queen’s University Belfast, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and to contribute to School and Institute administration/outreach activity.
The post is funded as part of the All-Island Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) network, which aims to integrate and build upon existing strengths in paediatric cardiology research across the island of Ireland.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
• Primary Degree
• PhD in a relevant subject area
• A minimum of three years’ research experience at postdoctoral level in a relevant cardiovascular field
• Recent, relevant publications in peer reviewed/refereed journals that are recognised internationally as being high quality, commensurate with experience
• Research profile which complements the priorities and strengths of the Wellcome Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine in cardiovascular research
• Experience of developing research methodologies, models, approaches and techniques
• Experience of presentations at national and international meetings and conferences
• Relevant teaching experience at University Level
• Relevant academic administrative/management experience.
Applicants should also outline in their cover letter how their work relates, or can be refocused, to dovetail with the goals of the All-Island CHD network.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
Closing Date: 30/11/2022
Anticipated Interview Date: 21/12/2022
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Chris Watson - Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the Centre can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/research-centres/wwiem/
For information about grants please visit www.childrensheartbeattrust.org/projects/all-island-chd-network/
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
• Great terms & conditions
• Pension schemes
• Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
• Family-friendly initiatives
• Career development opportunities
• Support for health & mental wellbeing
• Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Further information on our attractive package can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/HumanResources/pay-reward-and-benefits/
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; https://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/QueensGenderInitiative/ and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs or click to Apply.