Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will have the important role of generating high-quality molecular diagnostic data to support vaccine clinical development in a high-throughput setting. The responsibilities include but are not limited to, performing manual and/or robotic molecular diagnostic testing, such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Other laboratory support activities include preparation of buffers and media, qualification of assay reagents, qualification and validation of assays, and other duties assigned as necessary. The incumbent will work in a team setting and will share roles and responsibilities as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. The position requires keeping current on documentation related to sample testing and assay development activities. As an integral member of this dynamic team, the incumbent must have a strong work ethic and be highly collaborative with other group members.
The incumbent must be satisfied with repetitive and routine tasks, as this is a lab-based role. In addition, the incumbent must use good documentation practices, follow established safety policies and procedures, and perform all work in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and GCLP and/or GMP guidelines, as required.
Work is achieved by individual efforts or through project teams, utilizing technical or subject matter expertise to achieve results. This position requires relevant scientific education, skills, and knowledge.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Perform various molecular diagnostic assays in accordance with established protocols, in a timely and efficient manner, and as part of exploratory, developmental, qualification, and clinical study throughput. May be asked to learn and perform other assays or tasks within the high-throughput area, as needed. These assays and tasks require attention to detail.
- Complete required documentation for laboratory work. This includes information and data organization/review.
- After acquiring experience and demonstrating proficiency, training, or assisting in the training of other new analysts on the test method(s) may be required.
- Participating in laboratory management by stocking supplies and reagents needed for daily laboratory operation.
- Presenting experimental results at group and project meetings and writing progress reports, as necessary.
- Satisfactorily completing all GCLP and safety training in conformance with departmental requirements. Where applicable, performing job responsibilities in compliance with GCLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of science (E.g., immunology, bacteriology, or microbiology)
- 0 - 2 years of laboratory experience in a relevant field of science
- Good foundation in general scientific practice and in the principles and concepts of a relevant scientific discipline
- Ability to follow established procedures to perform assigned tasks, ask for guidance from other colleagues, and work under close supervision with frequent work reviews
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, and relevant scientific software
Occasional late shift and weekend work required
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:On PremisePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development