Open October 17, 2022 through Monday, Oct 16, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
The Department of Microbiology & Molecular Genetics at the University of California Irvine, School of Medicine invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Microbiology (tenure track/line series).
This position will be in the broad area of Microbiology. All areas of microbial science involving medically relevant bacterial, fungal and parasite pathogens are of interest, including (but not limited to) molecular mechanisms of pathogenesis, host-pathogen interactions, vector-pathogen interactions, microbiomes, antibiotic resistance, and innate immunity to microbes.
Ideal applicants will be creative and collaborative scientists who use state-of-the-art approaches to combine different elements of cell biology, genetics, bioinformatics, biochemistry, systems biology, and in vitro or in vivo models of infection. Applicants with innovative perspectives and research interests that embrace interdisciplinary approaches are highly encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will be expected to (1) establish and maintain an extramural funded research program (2) execute teaching excellence aligned with graduate and medical student missions and (3) effectively participate in University and public service.
Institutional Reference Check: The University of California is committed to creating and maintaining a community dedicated to the advancement, application, and transmission of knowledge and creative endeavors through academic excellence; where all individuals who participate in University programs and activities can work and learn together in a safe and secure environment, free of violence, harassment, discrimination, exploitation, or intimidation. In support of this commitment, and as a means to address all forms of academic misconduct, UC Irvine will conduct an institutional reference check on recruitment finalists of Senate Ladder-Rank Professor and Professor of Teaching series, at all ranks (i.e. assistant, associate, full), prior to extending a formal offer of appointment. Applications submitted via AP Recruit must include a signed copy of the Authorization to Release Information Form for consideration.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application) All applicants must have a Ph.D. and/or M.D., postdoctoral research experience, and a strong record of research accomplishments and publications.
- Document requirements
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V. Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Teaching Evaluations Research Statement
- Service Statement
- Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
- AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION - A reference check will be completed only if you are made a tentative offer to a Professor or Professor of Teaching series, at any rank. Download, complete, sign, and upload the form: https://ap.uci.edu/wp-content/uploads/AuthReleaseForm.pdf
- Misc / Additional - Other evidence of teaching may be included (e.g peer review of your teaching, awards, course syllabi) Assistant/Associate Professor - Microbiology (JPF07938)
(Optional) Reference requirements 3-5 required (contact information only)
Apply link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07938
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.