As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Vaccines you will be responsible for providing non-promotional, medical support that helps to ensure the safe and effective use of GSK's vaccines, through effective scientific interactions with external stakeholders (Experts, Health Care Professionals and Advisory Board Members), supporting clinical development colleagues with investigators conducting GSK clinical trials, and providing scientific support for GSK internal stakeholders. The MSL will provide scientific clinical information and support to these high priority customers in a manner consistent with GSK's principles for scientific engagement. Therapeutically aligned, Field-based position, Frequent travel required (50 - 75%).NOTE: Candidate must live within the territory. Preferred locations Madison, WI, and Minneapolis, MN.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Medical Science Liaisons are expected to interface and provide value across a continuum of both External and Internal Stakeholders. This includes:
External Stakeholders (External Experts and other healthcare professionals, investigators and potential investigators, professional societies, and formulary decision makers)
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- The successful candidate possesses, or is willing to acquire, the skills to engage in peer-to-peer scientific dialogue that includes clinical, scientific, value, real world evidence, and outcomes data with external experts, population-based decision makers, and other health care professionals.
- Gather medical voice of customer and secure advice that informs and assists GSK in the development of medicines of value, for the ultimate benefit of patients.
- Conduct individual discussions and meetings with GSK-contracted clinical study investigators, steering committee members, advisory board members, consultants etc., on topics related to the work being conducted with GSK (e.g. for clinical research investigators, the conduct or publication of clinical research sponsored by GSK).
- To respond verbally or by providing appropriate written materials to unsolicited requests for on- or off-label information or safety concerns that may have been asked of GSK sales staff or Medical and adhering to all policies and procedures
- Provide information in response to standing requests from external stakeholders (e.g. HCPs, formulary decision makers), when appropriate information becomes available.
- Deliver scientific / pipeline presentations to formulary committees and HCPs.
- Provide general insight into GSK research interests and field inquiries regarding investigator sponsored scientific or clinical research projects and forward them to appropriate Medical Affairs staff for funding consideration.
- Participate in GSK-sponsored Advisory Boards as requested and in accordance with the applicable policies.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Internal Stakeholders (R&D, Sales, and Marketing)
- Work with medical colleagues to identify External Experts, professional groups, decision makers and other key stakeholders in the assigned therapy area and or geography.
- Gather medical voice of the customer and construct and implement effective Medical Affairs strategy and planning through participation in or escalation to internal North America Medical Affairs teams.
- Document all interactions with HCPs according to applicable policies.
- Provide scientific training for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials.
- Attend and contribute (if required) to medical portion of regional account planning/training sessions.
- Attend both national and regional scientific/medical meetings to gain medical voice of the customer on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to GSK.
- Support clinical development activities and programs including GSK and Investigator sponsored studies as well as collaborating with R&D staff to improve site performance.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Pharm D, PhD, or M.D.
- A minimum of 2 years clinical practice and/or pharmaceutical industry experience. Vaccines experience preferred.
- Possesses solid knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans and has experience practically applying this knowledge in a clinical setting.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Previous clinical experience in situations where direct/indirect decision-making authority for patient care was demonstrated is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both one on one and group settings.
- Above average computer literacy and willingness to utilize a variety of software applications.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and independently with time management skills in order to effectively manage field-based responsibilities; Proven ability to work across a commercial and medical matrix team.
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for medical engagement and develop a set of scientific engagement goals. Strong presentation skills.
- Clear understanding of clinical research methodologies and a demonstrated ability to translate scientific, clinical and safety research studies in an effective credible manner. Able to independently evaluate the scientific literature regarding scientific research.
- Experience operating in a highly dynamic, changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a command of a large amount of scientific information across multiple products and show effective written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong trusted relationships, with key decision makers.
- Demonstrated customer-focus, problem solving abilities and strong conflict resolution skills.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We are a New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record