Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
Pfizer is seeking a qualified scientist for a Senior Associate Scientist position contributing to ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion) sciences in the in vitro enzymology group.
The individual will be joining a dynamic group in Drug Metabolism - Enzymology, in the Department of Medicine Design, in support of the global Pfizer small molecule research and development portfolio. The position will be responsible for designing and conducting in vitro ADME enzymology studies for drugs in discovery and development. The individual will have the unique opportunity to work with project representatives and influence the selection of candidate molecules for drug development.
The scientist will work closely with their supervisor to conduct in vitro studies, such as enzyme kinetics, enzyme inhibition, enzyme phenotyping, drug metabolism, and tissue binding. These duties also include authoring of scientific documents for support of regulatory submissions, internal study reports, and contributing to external publications . How You Will Achieve It
- The scientist is expected to conduct in vitro enzymology or ADME experiments with the coaching and supervision of their supervisor or colleagues.
- The scientist is responsible for generating high quality data in a timely manner, reviewing and uploading data into databases, writing reports, and data QC, as well as presenting results in individual and group settings.
- The scientist will manage the workload with input from supervisors regarding prioritization.
- The scientist will maintain up-to-date electronic laboratory notebooks and records in accordance with Pfizer policies and follow all laboratory safety guidelines.
- The role also involves close collaborations with other scientists in the Drug Metabolism group to enable drug discovery or development portfolio support, troubleshooting, and technology improvement or development.
- Bachelor'sDegree(BA/BS) or equivalent degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, biomedical, pharmaceutical sciences, or a related field, with 3+ years of relevant work experience to drug discovery (e.g. pharmaceutical, contract research, etc.) OR Master's Degree(MA/MS).
- Demonstration of excellent computer, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to work effectively in a team environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and maintain a high quality of data and timely delivery of results.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities. A commitment to timely delivery and quality of the work product, overcoming obstacles in a fast-paced environment, and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated laboratory experience, preferably with in vitro drug metabolism studies and/or LC-MS operation.
- Experience in planning, designing, and executing experiments including data analysis.
- Experience in working with multi-functional, cross-line teams. Proven record of independent analytical thinking and collaboration.
- ADME/DMPK knowledge or cell culture experience is useful.
- Experience with troubleshooting laboratory equipment and a wide variety of software and information systems (e.g. electronic lab notebooks, GraphPad PRISM, LIMS).
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The position will require the scientist to work in the laboratory, including standing, walking, sitting, bending, and lifting.
- Ability to perform practical laboratory bench work and work on a computer (while standing or sitting).
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and interpret data. Some travel (a few times per year) may be required to other Pfizer sites or to attend and present at scientific conferences.
- Skills in written and spoken English.
Other Job Details:
- Occasional travel to other Pfizer sites may be required.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 26th, 2022
- Work Location Assignment: On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development