Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
The Technical Associate 3- Drug Product Design and Development (DPDD), is a position within the Pharmaceutical Research & Development (PhRD) department in Pfizer's Biotherapeutics Pharmaceutical Sciences organization. This individual will maintain and prepare equipment, formulate buffers, operate process development and scale-up equipment under supervision, analyze samples, and according to documented procedures, to support the pre-clinical and clinical development of drug product formulations and process development solutions and to support Pfizer's biotherapeutics portfolio with a focus on mRNA Lipid Nanoparticle (LNP)-based vaccines and therapeutics. Responsibilities include assistance in setting up experiments, hands on laboratory work, operating processing, and analytical instrumentation, working in a matrix-based environment, and communicating results. This position requires ability to learn and get trained on laboratory and pilot scale processes, analytical instrumentation and requires good interpersonal communication skills.
The incumbent candidate will be responsible for assisting group scientists in conducting experiments in support of developing, evaluating, and characterizing formulations, process development, and supporting technology assessment for LNP development of mRNA-based modalities. This individual functions cooperatively with other members of the team to achieve the project goals. This is an entry level position, performing and learning basic techniques, processes, and operations for preparing formulation and, operating processing and analytical equipment. Work will be performed in compliance with existing lab procedures, work processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and all regulatory requirements. Responsibilities will include completion of all OJT's (On the Job Training) and tasks required to perform job duties which include: documentation, computers, equipment, work practices within lab and pilot-scale facility and development of all defined routine products. Candidate should be able to demonstrate ability to properly problem solve work-related issues, work with an appropriate level of independence, exercise good judgment/decision making, and effectively work with team members. How You Will Achieve
- Hands-on lab and/or pilot-scale work to take up ~90% of time
- Ability to read, understand and follow written instructions
- Ability to communicate with peers, supervisors, and interdepartmental support groups
- Sample management, procurement of necessary reagents, solutions, consumables and other laboratory supplies, labeling, storing, and keeping track of such materials
- Compliance with maintaining lab notebook
- Operation, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory and pilot-scale equipment and instrumentation
- Execute standard protocols
- Comply with laboratory safety procedures
- High School diploma or equivalent with 4+ years of experience in related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with peers, supervisors, and interdepartmental support groups.
- Adaptability to changing work assignments and priorities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and acts as a team player to effectively collaborate with others in a complex, multi-discipline organizational model.
- Able to identify opportunities for continuous improvements and enable implementation.
- Biotechnology Certificate, Associate or Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of experience in related field.
- Prior pharmaceutical experience.
- Familiarity with GLP/GMP requirements is a plus
- Familiarity with working in a scientific lab or pharmaceutical manufacturing setting
- Understanding of drug delivery (e.g., nanoparticle, lipid nanoparticle, liposome technology, etc.) is a plus
- Familiarity with analytical instruments (e.g., HPLC/UPLC, UV spectrophotometer, pH measurement, etc.) is a plus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development