Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's Drug Product Design group is seeking team members with a desire to bring new, cutting-edge medicines to patients around the world. Our team members use science and technology to design, characterize and develop drug product formulations from candidate selection to commercial launch.
You will leverage existing scientific knowledge and develop new skillsets to evaluate the chemical & physical stability, bio-performance, and manufacturability of drug products across a diverse range of therapeutic areas in various stages of development. Doing so will require thorough communication, attention to detail, diligent problem solving, and responsible record-keeping to plan, coordinate, and execute empirical research. Such experiments may focus on formulation development, analytical characterization, process scale-up, and technology transfer. Success in this role will further require scientific creativity and the willingness to seek and foster collaborations within the larger Drug Product Design group.
This laboratory-based position offers the opportunity for cross-training and growth in multiple technical areas to encourage a flexible working environment. Enjoy the entrepreneurial culture and well-defined infrastructure to develop new technologies and processes for drug delivery and dosage form manufacture with the resource support of a larger company. How You Will Achieve It
Qualifications Must-Hav e
- Conduct time-sensitive studies to support the design and development of clinical/commercial formulations and processes to ascertain solutions to technical challenges.
- Independently and proactively consult industry/academic literature and inline/crossline subject matter experts to inform experimental strategy and experimental design.
- Use written and verbal communication to effectively convey experimental designs, justifications, and results to inline and crossline audiences.
- Author development protocols, technical reports, and contribute to Regulatory submissions as appropriate
- Mentor and/or instruct colleagues in subjects, processes, and techniques of demonstrated expertise.
- Practice effective multitasking through prioritization. Judiciously resolve urgent, important needs while demonstrating advanced planning for important, non-urgent needs.
- Thoroughly and contemporaneously record experimental details and data into an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Review the laboratory experiments and other written records of fellow scientists.
- Read, understand, and follow standard operating procedures, best-practice guidance, corporate policies, and applicable government regulations.
- Ensure safe working practices are followed and maintained both in own and others' work.
- Continuously develop and maintain in-depth comprehension of scientific principles, technologies, techniques, and Regulatory environment associated with the development of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- MINIMUM: BS in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical or Pharmaceutical Engineering, or related disciplines with 6 + yrs relevant experience.
- MS in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical or Pharmaceutical Engineering, or related disciplines with 4 + yrs relevant experience .
- Prior experience utilizing statistical methods for data analysis, computational predictive tools, modeling sof tware and/or data visualization tools including, but not limited to R, Matlab , Minitab, JMP, Design Expert, Python, C++.
- Prior experience utilizing/leveraging formulation techniques and processing equipment at laboratory , clinical , and/or commercial manufacturing scales.
- Demonstrated ability to apply the principles of physical and organic chemistry, thermodynamics, and materials science to formulation development using a rational, scientific approach .
- Note: Hiring Manager to include tools, models and system examples based on the specificrequirements.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- T his is a lab-based role that may require significant periods of time away from a desk .
- While performing the duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to reach, handle, and feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk or sit, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Employee will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment for specific job duties to be performed. Such equipment may include lab coats, safety eyewear, various types of gloves, and/or respirators .
The position may require travel to project meetings and support clinical, registration and validation campaigns at manufacturing sites globally.
\nRelocation support available\n
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development