Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
When you join Pfizer, you'll be joining a company and team with a desire to bring new, cutting edge medicines to patients around the world. As a member of our team, you'll use science and technology to design, characterize and develop the solid form of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) and drug product formulations from discovery to commercial launch.You will be able to leverage your existing scientific knowledge, as well as develop in new areas, to evaluate the chemical & physical stability, bio - performance and manufacturability of the drug product across a diverse range of therapeutic areas.
As an Associate scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- With guidance, conduct scientific studies to support design of clinical/commercial formulations and provide solutions to technical problems.
- Effectively communicate experimental designs, justifications, and results either verbally or via written format.
- Follow instructions to complete assignments that are often time-sensitive and contribute to the completion of project experiments and milestones.
- Thoroughly and contemporaneously record experimental details and data into an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Read, understand, and follow standard operating procedures, Best Practice guidance, corporate policies and applicable government regulations.
- Review the laboratory experiments and other written records of fellow scientists. • Ensure safe working practices are followed and maintained both in own and others' work.
- Author development protocol, technical reports and contribute to regulatory submissions as appropriate.
- As the role progresses, the candidate will be expected to develop and maintain a contemporary in-depth comprehension of the science and technology of pharmaceutical dosage forms, and associated data science techniques in unison with a regulatory awareness and apply this knowledge to development of assigned drug candidates.
- MINIMUM: BS in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical or Pharmaceutical Engineering, or related disciplines with 0-2 yrs relevant experience.
- Has a good foundation in general scientific practice and in the principles and concepts of a discipline
- Recognized as a competent technical contributor
- DESIRABLE: MS in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical or Pharmaceutical Engineering, or related disciplines with 0-2 yrs relevant experience.
- Interested to learn/use existing knowledge of programming/software tools: R, Matlab, Minitab, JMP, Python or C++ • An understanding of material properties and attributes on solid dosage forms quality and performance
- Experience in essential unit operations or instrumentation for solid dosage form manufacture or testing
- Ability to communicate within the team, the outcome of tasks performed in an appropriate oral and/or written format and to share skills and expertise with others.
- Ability to apply/use theoretical knowledge and technical skills to complete assigned work within own group.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to reach, handle, and feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk or sit, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Employee will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment for specific job duties to be performed. Such equipment may include lab coats, safety eyewear, various types of gloves, and/or respirators/or other breathing apparatus-
The position may require travel to project meetings and support clinical, registration and validation campaigns at manufacturing sites globally.
\nRelocation support available\n
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development