Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will help Pfizer develop new and improved processes used in the research and development of our drugs. The purpose of the Senior Associate Scientist position is to provide the planning and execution of experiments designed to aid in defining manufacturing processes for biopharmaceuticals. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of biochemistry and related analytical chemistry, chromatography, centrifugation, and filtration design principles. This position requires the design and execution of experiments using these technologies and the ability to evaluate and clearly report the results to laboratory colleagues and other affected functional areas .
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- The successful applicant will join a larger team of scientists across multiple sites focused on developing scalable, robust, efficient, and innovative biochemical and purification processes suitable for clinical material production and commercialization.
- Responsibilities will include small-scale studies and support transfers to pilot and commercial facilities.
- This position will be expected to develop and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of purification processes.
- This position will support process validation, quality by design, regulatory approaches, and quality systems.
- This position will be expected to contribute to the preparation of technical reports and external publications and make oral presentations to scientists and management.
- Performs all duties associated with the operation of effective research laboratories.
- The successful candidate must be able to endorse change to business infrastructure to ensure pipeline, legacy and technology success.
- BS with 2+ years' experience or MS with 0-2 years in a biological or engineering discipline (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or equivalent).
- Knowledge in protein/biomolecule purification process development, scale-up, technology transfer and/or bioprocess manufacturing.
- A good understanding of protein chemistry, protein analytics, and bioprocess technology is required.
- Familiarity with GLP/GMP requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and generate innovate research independently.
- Applicant should be self-motivated, organized, and capable of working independently, and in collaborative and diverse teams.
- The successful candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with proteins/biomolecules purification process development, technology transfer and/or bioprocess manufacturing.
- Experience transferring Biotherapeutic processes to pilot plants or manufacturing organizations.
- Sound understanding of statistical experimental design and analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to perform complex data analysis.
Other Job Details:
- Occasional travel to manufacturing sites for manufacturing support.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 20th, 2022
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development