Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's Drug Product Design group is seeking team members with a desire to bring new, cutting edge medicines to patients around the world. Our team members use science and technology to design, characterize and develop drug product formulations from candidate selection to commercial launch.
You will be able to leverage your existing scientific knowledge, as well as develop in new areas, to evaluate the chemical & physical stability, bio-performance and manufacturability of the drug product across a diverse range of therapeutic areas.
You will be responsible for formulation and manufacturing process design of pharmaceutical oral dosage forms (both immediate and modified release) for new drug candidates and product enhancement programs. You will participate in multi-disciplinary teams during the formulation development, process scale up, and technology transfer of conventional and continuous processing technologies to our commercial manufacturing sites in the Pfizer Global Supply organization .
You may serve as the Drug Product Leader on matrix project teams and must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills working in a complex cross-functional matrix.
This position also offers the opportunity for cross-training and growth in multiple technical areas to encourage a flexible working environment. Enjoy the entrepreneurial mindset and infrastructure to develop new technologies and processes for drug delivery and dosage form manufacture while having access to the resources of a larger company.
The role requires general knowledge of pharmaceutical science , materials science, chemistry and engineering principles as applied to the design of solid oral dosage forms and advancement of drug delivery platforms for immediate and modified release.
As member of the Drug Product Design group you will interact closely with other Pharm Sci partner lines ( e.g. Analytical R&D, Chemical R&D, Global CMC, Pharm Sci Operations, Drug Product Supply, Quality Assurance) and other lines involved in developing drug assets such as Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Sciences, Pharmacology & Drug Metabolism and Pfizer Global Supply.
Finally, this position will challenge you to pursue scientific excellence and creativity, in collaboration with industry-leading experts across multiple scientific disciplines. How You Will Achieve It
- Leverages understanding of chemistry, pharmaceutics, engineering and/or materials science fundamentals to the design and development of immediate and modified release formulations and manufacturing process understanding.
- Designs and executes laboratory and computational experiments to support novel solid oral drug delivery platforms, initiatives, and portfolio-driven projects. O perate s and maintain s laboratory equipment to produce and characterize solid oral drug products.
- Uses his/her/their scientific judgment to apply or adapt standard methods, technical concepts, and prior work experience to make project decisions.
- Utilizes predictive models and computational approaches to understand mechanical and physico -chemical characteristics of pharmaceutical compounds and formulations to assess drug product performance and drive team decisions.
- Applies results from biopharmaceutics modeling tools, physicochemical (solubility, precipitation, & dissolution) and biological (passive, transporter mediated, efflux) transport phenomena, and pre-clinical and clinical pharmacokinetic studies to influence drug product development.
- Collaborates with cross-disciplinary teams , and has s trong organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Authors and provides guidance to authors of regulatory documents supporting drug product development, including relevant drug product sections of IND submissions and CTD applications and associated queries to regulatory agencies.
- Effectively mentors other scientists.
- Strives to grow scientifically . L eads or collaborates with others on departmental technology initiatives , a nd contributes to current scientific literature .
- MINIMUM: BA or BS + 8 years experience , MS + 5 years experience , or PhD with 0 to 4 years of experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering , or allied discipline.
- 2 plus years of experience in solid oral drug product development .
Includes activities in both laboratory and office settings; approximately 50% time in each of these settings. Some lifting in the laboratory. Ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
The position may require travel to project meetings , scientific conferences and support clinical, registration and validation campaigns at manufacturing sites globally.
- Relocation support available
- Employee Referral Eligible
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Last date to apply: October 11, 2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development