Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be part of a team that is addressing the critical task of rejuvenating our pipeline with innovative, differentiated First-In-Class/Only-In-Class programs in the years to come. This will be addressed by generation of strong data packages from target hypotheses derived from academic outreach and initiatives. You will support projects in one or more therapeutic areas of interest to Pfizer including Virology and Immunology.
With your excellent problem solving and organizational skills, you will be an active team member who keeps the Viral Vaccines laboratories running smoothly on a daily basis. You will be using your creativity, judgment and problem-solving skills to adapt in a fast paced, lab-based environment. Your ability to plan will help in preparing for both short- and long-term activities. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members and your communication skills will keep the team well informed.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Laboratory equipment management (duties include but are not limited to) submitting work orders, registering new equipment, decommissioning old equipment, communicating with vendors, ensuring preventative maintenance has been completed.
- Coordinate pipettor collection, distribution and calibration.
- Frequent communication between the site Operations group and members of Viral Vaccines to keep laboratories running smoothly
- Emergency equipment responder and coordinator, gaining knowledge in the environmental monitoring system.
- Freezer maintenance, including defrosting and organizing
- Keep laboratories well stocked by ordering or coordinating orders of laboratory supplies
- Participate in site and group safety by becoming a safety representative. This includes conducting quarterly safety audits, new hire safety trainings, relaying site safety communications to team members and enforcing safety guidelines within the group.
- Oversee in vivo sample management, including storage, inventory and distribution.
- Comply with all safety training and good laboratory practices.
- Bachelor's Degree and 6-9 years of relevant experience, Masters degree and 4-7 years experience
- A positive and professional attitude, being proactive is key!
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to troubleshoot, staying flexible and adaptable
- Knowledge of working safely in a BSL2 environment and importance of aseptic technique
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software with the ability to use appropriate software to maintain sample inventories, submit service requests and navigate the environmental monitoring system
- Experience of handling biological samples
- Laboratory management experience
Accessing samples in ultra-cold freezers (LN2, -80C, -20C)
Bending, lifting, walking from lab to lab and building to building.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Equipment monitoring requires the ability to be contacted by phone 24/7/365. Must take action when required.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development