Research Fellow-Viswanathan Lab
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
A postdoctoral fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Srinivas Viswanathan at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (with affiliation to the Broad Institute). We use genomic and cutting-edge genome-scale functional genetic technologies to uncover drivers of genitourinary malignancies, with a specific focus on prostate and kidney cancers (https://viswanathanlab.dana-farber.org ). The ideal candidate should be exceptionally motivated, creative, highly collegial, and excited about scientific discovery and the prospect of translating basic insights into novel therapeutic strategies for patients with cancer.
- Several projects are available, all related to understanding the molecular mechanisms that drive these cancers. Projects may involve both wet-laboratory and dry-laboratory (computational) aspects to varying degrees. There is a particular interest in understanding the role of alternative splicing and/or RNA binding proteins in disease pathogenesis. The overarching aim of projects in the lab is to develop mechanistic insights that can be translated into improved outcomes for patients with genitourinary cancers.
- PhD or MD/PhD with graduate degree in molecular biology, cellular biology, cancer biology, computational cancer genomics or related discipline.
- Proficiency or significant experience with one or more the following: cell culture techniques, genetic manipulation of cell lines (CRISPR/Cas9, shRNA), basic molecular/cell biology techniques, genetically engineered mouse models of cancer or other diseases, cancer genomics and/or bioinformatics including experience with analysis of next-generation sequencing data. Prior experience with ChIP-Seq, CLiP-Seq, or RNA biology a plus.
- Collaborative, curious, and highly organized.
- Strong professional track record.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Please include letter of interest and three references with application.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://careers.dana-farber.org/research_fellow_viswanathan_lab_
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.