Are you energized by a challenging role in in vivo Oncology, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Sr. Scientist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and skilled in vivo scientist to join the in vivo pharmacology team within GSK Oncology Synthetic Lethality Research Unit located in Cambridge, MA site. The successful candidate will work together with a highly motivated team to discover and develop novel oncology drugs with a clear genetic relationship to cancer. The primary responsibility of this position will be to design, conduct, interpret, and present in vivo anti-tumor efficacy and PK/PD studies for drug candidates in both CDX and PDX xenograft and syngeneic models. The candidate must be proficient in all forms of compound administration, including IV dosing. This position will also require tissue harvest for PK/PD and potentially PD analysis using various cell/ molecular biology techniques
As a Sr. Scientist, contributing to various studies and be responsible for delivering pre-clinical and clinical data analysis. This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will work together with a highly motivated team to discover and develop novel oncology drugs with a clear genetic relationship to cancer.
- The primary responsibility of this position will be to perform in vivo anti-tumor efficacy and PK/PD studies for drug candidates in both xenograft and syngeneic models.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree and 3 years of hands-on experience for working with murine tumor models.
- Two or more years experience with cell culture is required.
- BS (biology/pharmacology) and at least 1-3 years of experience of working with rodents.
- Three or more years experience with mouse handling, dosing (PO, IV, IP), blood collection, and tissue harvesting, caliper tumor measurements, and tissue sampling skills enabling the ability to independently conduct in vivo studies assessing tumor growth, efficacy and PK/PD of pharmacological agents in CDX and PDX xenograft and/or syngeneic mouse tumor models
- One or more years experience in adopting new methods and protocols related to in vivo and ex vivo experiments
- The candidate must be highly motivated with excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team and matrix environment
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with commonly used data analysis programs such as Excel and Prism strongly preferred.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record