Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most.
Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.Role Summary
As a Senior Scientist, Conjugation
in the Early Bioprocess Development within Pfizer Vaccine Research and Development, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality.
You will join a large team of Scientists focused on conjugation process development for manufacturing carbohydrate-based conjugate vaccines. Primary duties include development of new/novel conjugation methods, analysis of glycoconjugates, and optimization of conjugation process parameters including conjugation and purification.Role Responsibilities
- Develop, optimize and scale-up conjugation process for glycoconjugate vaccine candidates.
- Independently plan and execute experiments for conjugate vaccine candidates, and lead the development on special projects, when required.
- Present periodic status updates to the group, discuss problems and propose solutions in discussion with group members. Offer insights based on experience to group members to help solve problems.
- Collaborate with colleagues within Vaccine Research and Development organization including Bioprocess Fermentation, Purification, Analytical, and Formulation Development groups.
- Keep abreast of scientific/technological development by participating in scientific meetings/seminars and through regular scientific review. Utilize new technologies and establish those technologies to improve conjugation process.
- Continuously evaluate each process and technique to determine if it is robust, appropriate, and scalable. If an operation has shortcomings or can be improved, uses expertise and imagination to suggest improvements.
- Participate in the technology transfer of developed process to the clinical manufacturing site, both internally and externally, and provide the technical support as needed.
- Fully document laboratory experiments in electronic notebook in a timely and compliant manner and prepare technical reports as needed.
- MS degree in Chemistry with minimum of 7 years relevant carbohydrate experience.
- Experiences with conjugation, purification processes and glycoconjugate analytical techniques are highly desirable.
- Understanding of the design, planning, and execution of conjugation and purification activities including the operation and maintenance of relevant instruments, resolution of technical problems related to instruments, and execution of analytical/biophysical characterization methods.
- Experience with a variety of state-of-the-art analytical techniques including NMR, Mass Spectrometry etc. and other analytical techniques.
- Independently analyze and provide conclusions regarding experimental data generated.
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and relevant scientific software is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with documentation of laboratory notebook in an electronic format.
PhD degree in Organic Chemistry/Carbohydrate Chemistry or BiochemistryPHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Standard laboratory conditions - sitting, standing, primarily lab based
40 hours per week
Relocation support available
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development