This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Possesses expertise and functional knowledge of the following areas and ability to perform the activity with minimal guidance and producing quality results:
- Preparation, cleaning, sterilization, batching, pasteurization or filtration and delivery of media and solutions for cell culture and purification operations.
- Perform the set-up, operation, cleaning and break-down of process equipment.
- Perform sampling procedures on various analytical instruments to analyze cell culture, solution and/or product concentration characteristics. Operate Filter integrity devices to confirm the integrity of filters pre and post use.
- Perform process operations, equipment and instrument monitoring and trending to enable proactive identification of issues to escalate and correct with applicable departments.
- Set-up of fixed and mobile process equipment and parts with CIP skids to carry out validated cleaning and sterilization processes.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs), protocols and batch records/logbooks to safely perform process operations and document compliantly with good documentation and data integrity practices.
- Follow all related safety policies and procedures and put safety first by playing an active role in identifying and correcting unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Basic understanding and knowledge of the following areas and ability to perform the activity with some supervisory guidance:
- Knowledge and application of standard ERP processes in M-ERP following global and local procedures.
- Knowledge and skill required to manage and use automation and emerging digital platforms.
- Ability to choose a type of communication that is most effective in a given situation.
- Understanding of the GSK Production System (GPS) continuous improvement system and apply the GPS mindsets and behaviors. The ability to provide teaching and facilitation skills in training delivery.
General familiarity with the following areas:
- Build positive relationships with others and conduct negotiation to establish win/win solutions.
- Ability to articulate production equipment and / or manufacturing process problems to ensure accurate and detailed communication.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of directly related manufacturing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, with the demonstration of a high level of performance
- Experience of basic Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Art / Associates Degree in biological sciences, chemical sciences, engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Must be able to follow detailed processing instructions as well as accurately documenting any necessary information
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work shifts that cover a 24/7 production operation
- Ability to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together
- so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves - feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing.So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Get Ahead Together
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record