Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
Worldwide Research and Development (WRD) at Pfizer combines research and technology units that have deep disease area expertise and cutting-edge science and platforms to discover and develop innovative therapeutic programs in small molecules and biotherapeutics, including vaccines and gene therapies. In your role, you will work closely with other biochemists, immunologists and biologists and apply your background/skills to develop and implement novel bioanalytical methods in support of Pfizer's biotherapeutic portfolio.
As a Senior Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Design, develop and implement ligand-binding and cell-based assays using different platforms (e.g. ELISA, ECL, Gyros) in biological matrix (plasma, serum) to measure compound concentration, detect the presence of anti-drug antibody and neutralizing anti-product antibody activity in a regulated (GLP, GCP) environment against challenging time lines.
- As appropriate, participate in the establishment of PCR methods to support gene therapy programs.
- High degree of independence in the design, trouble shooting, validation and conduct of the assay to support biotherapeutic programs.
- Collaborate with inter-departmental partners to ensure that bioanalytical methods meet scientific requirements for support of clinical and nonclinical studies.
- Timely delivery of concentration and immunogenicity data to inter-departmental partners in compliance with local or global regulatory requirement
- Perform data analysis and interpretation and be able to draw conclusions regarding progress and results of work, utilizing the data in appropriate decision making.
- Supervise the activities of junior staff members, guiding them in the design and interpretation of experiments.
- Authors reports and protocols, and presents findings to peers and management as required
- BS in a relevant discipline, with 7+ years of bioanalytical laboratory experience, or MS degree with 5+ years' experience or PhD with 0-3 years' experience.
- Demonstrated skills in ligand-binding assay development.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Other Job Details:
- Experience in cell culture and bioassay techniques
- Knowledge and exposure to PCR and other molecular biological techniques
- Knowledge and experience working in a regulated environment
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 14, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Work Location Assignment:On-Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development