Thank you for your interest in our Senior Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate (Evergreen) position. This open role is for applicants who will be attending our hiring event on November 17th, 2022. Applicants of this role will not be receiving immediate feedback regarding their applications. If you are looking for an immediate opportunity, please take a look at the GSK careers page for opportunities that would align with your skill-set. I have included the link her for your continence: Careers | GSK US
We make and supply medicines and vaccines all around the globe and our teams own every production stage, from creating quality products at our manufacturing sites to designing effective supply forecasting and regulatory inspections; all powered by digital, data and analytics. We operate at impressive scale, producing over 1.7 billion packs of medicine and 767 vaccine doses in 2021.
We continue to modernize, so we can launch even more new products at speed whilst turbo-charging delivery across our entire portfolio through our relentless focus on quality, safety, and service. The way we work will change. For some, the shift in technology and products will be revolutionary. Our R&D pipeline demands a new kind of supply chain, and we need the very best minds and capability to help us on our journey to make more complex products, harnessing the power of automation and robotics so we can work smarter together.
As a Senior Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate you will be a part of a dynamic operations team that brings life changing and life saving medicine to patients around the world. You will demonstrate GSK Values (Patient Focus, Transparency, Respect, & Integrity) and Expectations (Courage, Accountability, Development, & Teamwork) on a daily basis by engaging positively with team members and production support groups. With minimal supervision, the senior biopharmaceutical manufacturing associate performs a variety of large-scale production operations, interacting with automated equipment and monitoring/processing data. You will be responsible for completing daily manufacturing tasks, and achieving full competency in different production areas over time. You will participate in safety and compliance initiatives, investigations, and help solve technical and organizational problems while working with different teams of experts. You work within these teams to continuously improve safety, quality, and schedule/cost performance. You will work on Tech Transfer initiatives.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic qualifications:
- With good documentation and data integrity practices, safely and compliantly completes and documents daily manufacturing tasks per standard operating procedures, batch document instructions, and logbooks
- Maintains a high level of mechanical and technical aptitude and training to effectively troubleshoot equipment and processing issues, escalating those that cannot be easily resolved or pose a safety or compliance risk.
- Initiates the immediate documentation of investigations that are the result of safety or compliance issues, can independently support root cause analysis, influence full transparency among the team, and engage with EHS and QA on CAPA development.
- Supports in cross-functional activities, such as engineering actions, validation actions and Tech Transfer actions, including proactive safety and compliance input prior to execution. Primarily these activities are within the production suite, but sometimes require out of suite or off-site work (i.e. FAT support)
- Strives to maintain a high level of competency with current and emerging digital platforms (EBR, AR/VR, etc)
- Trains new or less experienced team members
- Proposes improvements to standard ways of working or documentation (SOPs, Batch Documents, Logbooks) in order to reduce accidents, defects, and waste, and participates in the endorsed changes
- Participates or leads area muster or shift change to ensure the maintenance of the production schedule in their area
- Leads the production team as required in the absence of senior staff.
- High school diploma with 7 years prior cGMP manufacturing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, with the demonstration of a high level of performance
- OR BS/BA degree with 4 years of cGMP manufacturing experience is required
- 5:00 am to 5:00pm or 5:00 pm to 5:00 am shift with rotating weekends. Weekend and night shift differential will be applicable depending on the shift.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to follow detailed processing instructions as well as accurately documenting all necessary documentation
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record