You will join a team of Scientists in our Internal Medicine Research Unit dedicated to developing a deep mechanistic understanding of the metabolic pathways underlying disease pathogenesis. As a member of the Discovery Biology team, you will be playing a significant role in the drug discovery process including ideation and hypothesis testing, identification and validation of therapeutic targets and disease related biomarkers.
The key strategic focus area is identifying novel therapies to prevent or treat renal diseases.
You will also build and facilitate collaborations with partners in the academic scientific community, as well as within the larger Pfizer network. You will have daily interactions with a team of creative and innovative scientists, working collaboratively in a supportive environment to conduct rigorous scientific and drug discovery research.Role Responsibilities
- Apply creative thinking and scientific expertise to the formulation of strategies to identify and validate therapeutic targets in key areas of interest to the Internal Medicine Research Unit.
- Maintain an awareness of 'cutting edge' scientific and technical developments in preclinical to clinical translation and apply these where possible to advance the portfolio programs.
- Conceptualize and design experiments.
- Mentor junior scientists in developing skills essential to the execution of rigorous scientific research.
- Organize and conduct in vivo/ ex vivo/ in vitro studies independently (including experimental design, data collection, interpretation, and presentation).
- Quantify and translate experimental results to advance the understanding of how metabolic pathways and complex physiological systems are altered by diseases and how they respond to therapeutic interventions.
- Build and facilitate collaborations with partners in the academic scientific community, as well as within the Pfizer network of scientists.
- Present research findings to Pfizer colleagues and the scientific community through publication in peer-reviewed journals and talks and posters at scientific meetings.
- Present and represent research programs to Pfizer leadership.
- Ensure that all research/discovery work is conducted with highest quality and ethical guidelines and in accordance with relevant regulatory, QC, and compliance guidelines.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- PhD with successful postdoc training and additional 3+ years of research experience in academia and/or industry in renal and cardiac metabolic disease areas
- Experience reviewing critically available data and thinking creatively in formulating novel hypotheses
- Successful record of scientific accomplishments as indicated by scientific publications and presentations
- Deep expertise in metabolism and/or signaling pathways
- Experience performing in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro experiments.
- Experience working independently as well as with an interdisciplinary team of scientists in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the pathophysiology of dysmetabolic states is desirable
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development