Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a highly motivated and accomplished research scientist to join the Cellular & High Content Imaging (CHCI) Technology Center in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will work to develop and implement state-of-the-art wet-bench methodologies to enable drug discovery efforts through the execution of disease-relevant target-based and phenotypic assays using high content, high throughput imaging technologies. As a member of the CHCI Technology Center, the successful candidate will bring technical expertise to develop and support experiments, ensuring efforts are focused on targets and phenotypes of highest interest to address biological questions and hypothesis with high-quality data generation. The candidate will work closely with disease area biologists and computational scientists and will participate in efforts to identify, evaluate and implement innovative solutions to advance capabilities in phenotypic profiling and model development through high content imaging and analysis.
The candidate will also work in close collaboration with scientists across multiple disciplines internally (Biology, Chemistry, Computational Sciences, other Technology Centers, etc.) as well as interact with external partners (CROs, vendors). They should be open-minded with a positive attitude, capable of operating in a dynamic environment, and possess strong communication skills and a collaborative mindset to support and build productive partnerships to drive team success.
The following critical attributes and skillsets are strongly desired:
How You Will Achieve It
- Demonstrated experience in physiologically relevant in vitro cellular models, complex co-culture systems and/or organoid culturing for high-content imaging (HCI) applications.
- Demonstrated experience in developing phenotypic assays and applications of models using high-content imaging and analysis.
- An innovative thinker, self-motivated, capable of taking initiatives and working independently as well as in the team setting, and goal-oriented to apply efforts to identify, evaluate and implement creative solutions to advance high content imaging capabilities.
- Develop in vitro target based and/or phenotypic cell-based assays adapted for high content, high-throughput imaging and analysis.
- Have working knowledge and experience with imaging-based endpoint assays.
- Optimize and execute high content cellular imaging assays using for example, molecular biology, functional genomic manipulations, or pharmacological perturbations for target-based and phenotypic projects and address scientific questions.
- Demonstrate an ability to review, interpret and articulate high content data results in the context of disease-relevant biology to project teams.
- Explore and implement emerging methods and novel concepts in high-content imaging-based sciences.
- Work with interdisciplinary team members across the organization from biologists, computational scientists, chemists and external partners in a team-oriented environment.
- Maintain and comply with electronic laboratory notebooks, records, safety training and good laboratory practices in accordance with Pfizer policy, protocols and standards.
- Be highly motivated, highly organized and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive attitude and strong scientific curiosity.
- MSc with 3+ or BSc with 5+ years of industry experience in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Cell or Molecular Biology, or a related field required.
- Cell culture experience (standard, immortalized)
- Demonstrated experience executing high content phenotypic assays, data analysis, QC, and visualization, preferably in a pharmaceutical/biotech setting or comparable context in academia.
- Excellent computer skills and basic image analysis software experience.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work and establish strong collaborations and relationships to stakeholders.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of in vitro pharmacology concepts and methods applied towards HCI applications.
- Experience with laboratory automation (e.g. liquid handling), troubleshooting technical assays, validation of assays and protocols strongly preferred.
- Have functional familiarity and utilization of automated image analysis tools, algorithms and data analysis (Examples: FIJI, Columbus, Cell Profiler, GraphPad Prism, Spotfire) .
- Experience in a laboratory working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with demonstrated examples of personal and technical leadership.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending and functioning within a BSL-2 laboratory environment and instruments in compliance with laboratory safety practices and wear personal protection equipment as required.
- Excellent ability to work on a computer, perform calculations and interpret and present data.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team setting.
Other Job Details:
- Lab environment, instrumentation and computer work.
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development