What You Will Achieve
The Immunogenicity Sciences Group within the BioMedicine Design (BMD) Department of Pfizer's Worldwide Research Development and Medical Division (WRDM) is an industry leading team whose mission is to identify key risks associated with unwanted clinical immunogenicity and influence drug design to mitigate those risks.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced immunogenicity scientist who can collaborate closely within our highly innovative team as well as with key stakeholders across WRDM including Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism, Protein Engineers, Clinical Team Leaders, Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The core function of this Senior Principal Scientist position is to develop immunogenicity risk assessment and mitigation strategies for a wide range of novel biologics from discovery through early clinical development. This unique opportunity will immerse the successful candidate in a diverse array of therapeutic protein modalities being designed and developed to meet the needs of patients across the Oncology, Inflammation and Immunology, Rare Disease and Internal Medicine disease areas. In addition, the successful candidate will drive advancement of our immunogenicity risk mitigation capabilities through scientific leadership, strategic internal and external collaborations, and application of fundamental immunology sciences to improve the efficacy and safety of our therapeutic proteins. How You Will Achieve It
- Lead design and implementation of Immunogenicity risk identification and mitigation strategies for the Pfizer portfolio of Biotherapeutic modalities
- Collaborate in the generation and interpretation of key immunogenicity data to inform immunogenicity risks and influence drug design decisions
- Represent the Immunogenicity Sciences group at Projects Teams during from Discovery through early clinical development
- Investigate novel techniques or technologies to advance, improve or optimize scientific practices and procedures
- Communicate advances in the Immunogenicity Science discipline to key stakeholders within BMD, WRDM and in the external environment, including influence of and alignment with regulatory agencies and guidelines
- Actively pursue innovation to improve assay suitability, quality, efficiency, and cost effectiveness
- Lead scientists of all levels and diverse disciplines through supervision, mentorship /supervises within a matrix organization; contributes to a change-agile, high performing culture of innovation, impact, trust, accountability, and mutual respect
- Demonstrate our values and behaviors of Excellence, Courage, Equity and Joy.
- Exemplify achievements through publications, posters and / or invited presentations at scientific meetings.
Technical Skill Requirements
- PhD with 5+ years of industry experience in drug discovery and development
- Expertise in immunogenicity risk assessment of biologics
- Proven track record of scientific achievement in the field of immunology and immunogenicity; understanding of perturbations of the immune system in diseases as diverse as cancer and auto-immunity, and their impacts on safety, efficacy and pharmacokinetics
- Experienced in management of complex scientific activities aligned with broader strategic goals related to immunogenicity of biotherapeutics
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to develop and translate strategy and goals into actionable results
- Extensive practical experience of project liaison and achieving results in a complex matrix environment
- Track record in publishing own work and through collaborations
- Proven presentation skills, demonstrated through presentations of own work at conferences
- Proven track record of people management
- Proven ability to lead and manage change
- Core expertise & formal education in applied Immunology; displays significant knowledge of the fundamental relationships between innate and adaptive immunity with relevant diseases such as autoimmunity and oncology
- Broad understanding of clinical implications associated with immunogenicity response
- Broad experience with state-of-the-art immunogenicity risk assessment tools and analytical platforms, with direct experience in assay design, execution, analysis, interpretation and application to drug design
- Solid familiarity with biotherapeutic structure, pharmacology, disposition, and immunogenicity of biologics
- Collaborative skills and effective influencing/partnering skills in a complex, multi-discipline organization
- Understanding of translational opportunities and challenges related to translation of immunogenicity in preclinical models
- Proven track record in project management
- Track record of experience in mentorship/supervision of scientists
- Lead author or a co-author on internal/external publications and posters
- Direct experience in participating in strategic scientific consultation within projects, and across function and portfolio
- Direct experience in interacting with external organizations, including academics and CROs
Other Job Details:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.Ability to excel in a collaborative, fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong adaptability to changing work assignments and priorities
- Strong leadership in building and maintaining networks characterized by a high performing culture of innovation, execution, impact, trust, change agility, accountability, and mutual respect
- Grows others; acknowledges contributions across the team
- Seizes accountability, acts decisively, and holds people accountable
- High degree of self-awareness; uses business acumen to get things done
- Able to identify opportunities for continuous improvements and lead implementation
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development