Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
In this role, you will join a team of scientists and engineers focused on developing and optimizing mammalian cell culture processes for production of recombinant proteins and biologics for early and late-phase human clinical trials. Your work will be involved in cutting edge technology development projects that seek to probe/understand cellular physiology in the context of biologics production and discover broadly applicable methods to intensify mammalian cell culture processes.
As an Associate S cientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Apply technical skills to complete assigned work within own work group/project team.
- Support laboratory activities by monitoring lab equipment and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Effectively document all lab activities in notebooks/elsewhere as required and appropriate, in a timely fashion.
- Author technical reports as needed and contributes to internal/external posters/publications as appropriate.
- Evaluate data and provide clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams with clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Assist in the tech transfer of manufacturing processes to pilot, clinical, and commercial facilities. Provide support and troubleshoot during manufacturing campaign as needed.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues both within the group and cross-functionally; contribute to maintaining and improving upon our safe, effective and efficient lab operations.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in relevant field .
- Team oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized and great attention to detail.
- Experience in a biochemical laboratory environment.
- Familiarity with cGLP /cGMP requirements.
Physical/ Mental Requirements
- Competency in aseptic laboratory technique and the ability to design complex experiments and interpret data.
- Practical knowledge of mammalian cell culture and metabolism.
- Practical knowledge of bioreactor operations and protein purification.
Non-Standard Work Schedule, Travel or Environment Requirements
- Work will be performed in a typical development laboratory environment.
Other Job Details:
- Occasional weekend work required.
- Work Location Assignment: On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
- Eligible for Relocation Package: No.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development