Why Patients Need You
Here at Pfizer we have a specific purpose - to find breakthroughs that change patients' lives. We are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity, and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a synthetic organic chemist to join the Bioprocess Development Group within Small Molecule Technology (SMT) in Kalamazoo, MI. SMT, as part of Global Technology & Engineering, is responsible for the development of next generation processes & technology to produce registered starting materials (RSM), intermediates, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). SMT scientists partner with process & production specialists for API synthesis in pilot plant and production facilities, as well as provide support for technology transfer to Global Pfizer manufacturing sites and third party facilities.How You Will Achieve It
The successful candidate should have a strong working knowledge of bioprocess/biocatalysis chemistry, and be able to design, develop, and enable scalable sustainable bioprocesses. Additionally, applying innovative chemistries, new technologies and statistical experimental design approaches in a laboratory setting is desired. The ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams involving microbiologists, chemists, analysts, engineers, and technologists and to represent SMT on cross-functional teams is also essential. The candidate will work under general supervision, recommend actions, participate in setting objectives of projects, and independently determine and develop experimental programs. Bioprocess Development Group projects are based on microbial fermentation, biotransformations and/or biocatalysis processes, or natural products. These are often in combination with chemical synthesis steps to produce the desired materials.Qualifications Must-Have
- A pplicant must have HS Diploma with ten years of relevant experience;
- OR an Associate's degree with eight years of experience;
- OR a Bachelor's degree with at least five years of experience;
- OR a Master's degree with more than three years of experience;
- OR a Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience.
- State of the art knowledge of modern synthetic methodology, including aspects of asymmetric synthesis, green chemistry, catalysis, and physical organic chemistry as it relates to reaction mechanisms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to maintain an accurate scientific notebook, draft concise written reports, and the preparation of technical transfer documents to CMOs are required.
- The ability to effectively influence the work of others, along with a general knowledge of drug development and the pharmaceutical industry are key.
- Compliance in safety and regulatory requirements
- The ability to employ analytical tools, computational and statistical methodology, and automated laboratory technologies to enhance process development efficiency.
- A working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP).
● Laboratory work requiring standing.
● Working at a computer.Non-Standard Work Schedule, Travel or Environment Requirements
On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job
done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are
primarily on-site.Work Location Assignment:On PremiseOther Job Details
- Last Date to Apply: October 14, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development