The Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, is looking to hire a competent and reliable Research Assistant II to manage day-to-day operations of projects for Dr. Dong's research projects. This position requires conducting research experiments and overseeing multiple ongoing projects. The Research Assistant II will focus on mechanisms that regulate obesity associated metabolic diseases and cancer and developing novel therapeutic strategies. It is the responsibility of the RA II to support the PI for various studies, existing and initiating new, to continue to support the College's Research Mission.Job Duties
- Assist with Grant Writing & IRB submission
- Conduct research experiments to help PI meet grant deliverables
- Consent, Collect and analyze data for several ongoing experiments, present weekly to PI Initiate new awards and animal protocols
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study, and assist in publication
- Administrate and manage research procedures
- Oversee lab equipment and lab space
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Organized, self-motivated, teamwork, works well under pressure, multitasking.
- Mouse handling and general lab work including; PCR, qPCR, Western Blot and genotyping.
- IP injections with mice tissue collection.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.