The Molecular Analytics group at the US Research and Development Center, GSK Vaccines, is responsible for providing state-of-the-art genomics and sequencing technologies that support the development of new candidate vaccines. This expertise includes Next-Generation Sequencing (Illumina, Pacific Biosciences, Nanopore), single-cell sequence analysis, and Nanostring transcriptomics
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist and leader with a proven record in utilizing the most up to date genomics tools to support the design and development of best-in-class viral vaccines, with a particular focus on RNA-based vaccinesResponsibilities:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- To provide expertise in the areas of Next-Generation Sequencing, including transcriptomics, single-molecule long-read sequencing, single cell transcriptomics, spatial transcriptomics, and B cell sequencing
- Lead the development of new technologies and protocols aimed at providing key insights into vaccine mechanism of action as well as vaccine candidate analytics and antigen target understanding
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership with an enterprise mindset, ensuring support to professional development and qualification of staff
- Ensure the team use cutting edge technologies and ideas to deliver best preclinical expertise to GSK vaccine projects in discovery, development, and life cycle management
- Ensure that the objectives of the team are aligned with R&D and business priorities and team activities are designed and delivered according to project needs
- Takes full accountability of management tasks for the team and meet data integrity and quality expectations
- Ensures the team delivering assigned activities in the most efficient and resource conscious manner; drives innovation to establish technology in the lab to enhance data quality and resource utilization
- Possesses strong scientific leadership to enable collaboration with key scientific internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in IP and regulatory filings and publishes in peer reviewed journals
- Manage a team of 3-7 scientists
- Supervise PhD students and postdoctoral fellows as needed
- Accountable for the management monitoring of the laboratory, ensuring that compliance with the GSK Environment, Health and Safety standards are an integral part of the operations and culture
- PhD degree in life sciences with at least 7 years of experience in a relevant biotechnology field, OR a master's degree with at least 12 years of experience in a relevant biotechnology field, OR Bachelors with at least 16 years of experience in a relevant biotechnology field
- Experience managing a team of scientists and building multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong track-record of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Fluency in written English
- Knowledgeable in the fields of Next Generation Sequencing, Molecular Biology, and genomics
- Fluency in English spoken
- Prior hands-on experience with Pacific Biosciences Sequel instrument and single-molecule long-read sequencing, single-cell sequencing, and spatial transcriptomics
- Experienced in the development of RNA-based vaccines
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record