WHY PATIENTS NEED YOU
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.ROLE SUMMARY
The Pfizer Worldwide Research, Development and Medical postdoctoral training program provides a unique opportunity to pursue ground-breaking research in an industrial setting. We are seeking a team-oriented synthetic or computational chemist with an interest in innovative catalytic methodologies to join Pfizer's Worldwide Research and Development groups in Groton, Connecticut as a postdoctoral researcher. You will be conducting research within the realm of machine learning-modelling, focusing on data generation and implementation of accurate data driven predictive models. This position will offer the opportunity to collaborate with Prof. Alpha Lee group at U. Cambridge a leading expert in the field of model development. You will join an industry-leading chemical technology department, mentored by industrial experts across a range of disciplines (organic synthesis, catalysis, and computational chemistry), and your research accelerated by state-of-the-art high-throughput experimentation (HTE) and analytical platforms. Through the completion of this interdisciplinary project, you will develop a broad scientific skill set of value to candidates interested in a future career in either academia or industry.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Synthesis and characterization of chemical compounds required for the progression of your research.
- Utilize state-of-the-art high-throughput experimentation (HTE) and analytical platforms to conduct research.
- Conduct cutting-edge research in the field of ML-modelling to impact small molecule synthesis.
- Collaborate with internal experts in catalysis and computational chemistry to drive your research.
- Contribute to and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of chemical synthesis literature.
- Ph.D. in synthetic, organic or computational chemistry.
- Proven track record in and commitment to publications in the scientific literature.
- Demonstrated analytical and chemical problem-solving skills are required.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) are required.
- Expert understanding of and strong contributions to synthetic chemistry literature are essential.
- Experience working independently in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of catalysis, machine-learning or high-throughput experimentation is an advantage.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, perform complex data analysis.
- Design and execute chemical reactions.
Eligible for Relocation Assistance
Must Have Work Authorization in US
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development