What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's Rare Disease Research Unit (RDRU) is committed to developing transformative, first-in-class therapies for rare inherited diseases. We seek a Senior Associate Scientist to become a member of a team working on diseases with high unmet need in the area of rare neurology through both small molecule and genetic approaches. The role will primarily focus on the development and implementation of cell and neuronal based assays to identify and characterize potential therapeutics. The successful candidate will implement and perform established methodologies and explore cutting edge technical approaches in a dynamic and innovative team environment.How You Will Achieve It
- Develop and execute cellular and neuronal assays to support discovery projects
- Primary focus will be executing human iPSC-derived neuronal differentiation and assay development. Cell lines and primary cells will also be utilized. A range of assay endpoints will be used, including biochemical, expression, and imaging analyses.
- Secondary focus will entail supporting in vivo mechanistic and efficacy studies, including animal handling, test article administration, and tissue analyses
- Interpret and present data in project meetings
- Effectively balance resources as needed to achieve timely execution of projects across multiple research teams.
- Assimilate new information, implement new techniques, and quickly adapt to changing project needs
- Work collaboratively with project teams and seek guidance from scientific colleagues as needed
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology or related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in an industrial or academic setting for B.S. and 2 years for M.S.
- Training in molecular and cell biology
- Proficient in mammalian cell culture techniques
- Experience with development/validation and troubleshooting of in vitro assays
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques, such as molecular cloning, protein isolation, Western blotting and nucleic acid (DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR) analyses
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy
Other Job Details
- Knowledge base in neuroscience and neurological disease biology.
- Experience with human iPSC culture/differentiation, as well as primary cell lines.
- Animal handling, dosing, and tissue collection in rodents.
- Experience with high-content imaging platforms.
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development