The Abigail Wexner Research Institute (AWRI) at Nationwide Children’s Hospital seeks applications and nominations for the position of Director of the Center for Childhood Cancer Research. The mission of the Center for Childhood Cancer Research is to revolutionize the treatment of children and young adults with cancer through scientific discovery and translation to the clinic.
Center for Childhood Cancer (nationwidechildrens.org)
- Will collaboratively set the strategic direction of the center in alignment with the Nationwide Children’s overall plan.
- Will oversee the center’s planned growth and development, as well as the scientific translation of its nationally recognized research portfolio.
- Will recruit and develop a diverse and inclusive team of faculty, trainees, and staff.
- MD, MD/PhD, or PhD
- Strong track record of managing a successful research program in pediatric cancer, including multiply-renewed NIH funding
- Internationally prominent member of the pediatric cancer research community
- Strong record of mentorship including trainees (graduate, post-doctoral, residents/fellows) and junior faculty
- Collaborative individual with established participation in team science
About the Center for Childhood Cancer Research:
- Currently includes 13 faculty principal investigators and nearly 100 trainees and staff.
- Most CCR members are also members of The Ohio State University’s James Comprehensive Cancer Center, wherein Nationwide Children’s Hospital serves as its pediatric arm and the CCR director serves on its program leadership team.
- In 2021, center faculty received over $7 million dollars in external grant awards.
Inquiries, nominations, and applications should be sent in strict confidence to Patrick Kennedy at Patrick.Kennedy@nationwidechildrens.org in Faculty Recruitment.