The Department of Molecular Virology & Microbiology is seeking an Assistant Coordinator, Clinical Research. The candidate will proactively identify and recruit from pediatric and adult populations for potential enrollment into vaccine, treatment, non-interventional, or other clinical research trials. This will be a full-time position with time split between the office setting and community engagement.Job Duties
- Identifies and establishes new contacts as recruitment resources in the community.
- Develops and/or implements creative and existing processes to increase the existing recruitment base.
- Advertises for research participants through development and distribution of flyers, pamphlets, social media, etc.
- Attends community and health events to identify potential study participants and invite them to participate in research projects.
- Makes presentations at places of business to aid recruiting efforts.
- Conducts phone pre-screenings of potential participants interested in clinical research studies.
- Schedules participants for enrollment and follow up visits and keeps study schedules current and updates study personnel with recruitment and schedule status.
- Maintains and updates a recruitment portfolio and database.
- High School diploma or GED.
- No experience required.
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology and eligibility requirements for clinical research studies and protocols.
- Experience with computer spreadsheets and database management.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must provide own transportation for travel in the community with mileage reimbursement.
- Experience in a clinical research setting and/or public relations-related experience is preferred.
- Marketing/networking skills helpful.
- College degree is preferred.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish is helpful.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.