Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As part of the Comparative Medicine team, you will influence and ensure overall success of regulatory compliance and assure the quality of care and animal facility environment in compliance with corporate standards or policies, local, state, regional and federal regulations, and AAALAC guidelines. You will ensure Comparative Medicine is delivering high quality veterinary care and use and influence and ensure overall success of Continuous Improvement within the site in alignment with Comparative Medicine (CM) and Worldwide Research, Development and Medical (WRDM) endeavors.
It is your hard work along with innovative ideas and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Serve as Attending Veterinarian on the IACUC with overall responsibility for the care and use of laboratory animals
- Manage and oversee the veterinary teams performing care on all species
- Partnering with the IACUC chair, facilitate the smooth and efficient operation of the IACUC and related subcommittees, including facilitating animal use protocol review, coordinating, and documenting IACUC meetings and semiannual reviews, investigations, and record-keeping
- Participate in all regulatory inspections/site visits, including maintaining the AAALAC Program Description
- Assist investigators in understanding IACUC expectations and in the writing and preparation of animal use protocols; Provide expertise and interpretation of animal welfare regulations to investigators as needed
- Support all activities related to the post-approval monitoring (PAM) program; including scheduling, coordinating, participating in, documenting, and ensuring follow up on all PAM activities
- Audit and evaluate systems, operations, and/or processes for compliance with appropriate SOPs and regulatory requirements
- Track and report on observed quality and compliance trends in the areas inspected
- Identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement in ongoing activities based on audit/inspection findings.
- Develop, implement, and provide effective regulatory educational programs for members of the animal care and use program
- Provide backup support for the day-to-day management of the animal use protocol review process.
- Participate on cross site Regulatory teams
- Direct oversight of veterinary staff
- Provide veterinary support on weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work under one of the following: The United States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated Regulations and Standards, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Good Laboratory Practices, and/or AAALAC accreditation standards.Qualifications
- DVM; licensed to practice in the US; 5-10 years' experience required.
- Diplomat of American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Direct experience in research animal welfare oversight, quality assurance, and IACUC functions in a large biotechnical/pharmaceutical company
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations and guidelines pertaining to animal care and use in a research setting.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision and the capacity to expand areas of expertise and learn new skills to meet changing needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a cooperative and communicative nature.
Physical/Mental Requirements Non-Standard Work Schedule
- Certified Professional IACUC Administrator preferred
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working collaboratively to achieve results.
This is an essential personnel role:
Essential Personnel are defined as the staff who are required to report to their designated work location, to ensure the operation of essential functions or departments during an emergency, as determined by Pfizer, or when the business has suspended operations. There are some individuals who may be required to perform essential services remotely and those individuals will be identified in advance and notified by their supervisors, but in most cases Essential Personnel are required to be on-site during an emergency or suspension of operations. Other Information:
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Relocation Support AvailableLast Date to Apply: 9/26/2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development