Why Patients Need You
Pfizer Worldwide Medical and Safety colleagues play a key role in connecting evidenced based, medical decision support with colleagues and stakeholders to enable better health and treatment outcomes. Whether you are creating framework necessary to ensure our evidence is scientifically sound, providing unbiased, medically necessary expertise or investigating how to close gaps in data, our mission is simple. Empower healthcare decisions regarding the safe and appropriate use of medicines for patients.What You Will Achieve
You will design, plan and execute biostatistical components of plans for research and development projects. This will assist in establishing the conditions essential for determining safety, efficacy, and marketability of pharmaceutical and biological products.
As a Manager, you provide guidance to operational teams for managing projects. Your planning skills will help in preparing forecasts for resource requirements, and providing areas of improvement for products, processes or services. Through your comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of the discipline, you will also work towards advancing new concepts and methodologies. You will be able to take a leadership role to facilitate agreements between different teams.
It is your commitment and hard work that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Design, analyze, and interpret clinical trials and/or observational studies in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, Pfizer standards, and best practices.
- Provide scientifically rigorous statistical expertise on: Projects and protocols in support of clinical development and for publication, presentation, access negotiation, and other evidence generation efforts for Pfizer products; Regulatory and Health Technology Assessment (HTA) submissions; and projects to maximize the value of aggregate clinical and real-world data in support of drug development and other scientific strategies.
- Provide study and other project level statistical counsel and communicate resource needs to teams.
- Provide planning, delivery, and communication of statistical analyses, data presentations, and scientific reports, including clinical trial results, exploratory and meta-analysis results , support for publication activities , scientific presentations, and support to product defense.
- Use statistical expertise to prepare both internal and external reports, presentations and manuscripts, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment.
- Provide input to the Statistics Group Lead and/or Statistics Project Lead to plan support for assigned studies and submissions.
- Collaborate with various scientists in the design, analysis and reporting of clinical experiments.
- Interact with internal and external experts to assure sound quantitative approaches are applied to collection and analysis of a wide variety of data types.
- Serve as a core member of scientific study teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Ensure that all study and project level statistical activities are conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and Pfizer standards.
- Participate in research on statistical methodology and its applications pertinent to the Pfizer business needs.
- Advanced degree in statistics, biostatistics, or related field.
- Capability to provide statistical leadership to cross-functional teams at the protocol level.
- Strong statistical skills with application to clinical trials especially survival analysis methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team. Effective communication and written skills and t he ability to write technical reports.
- Doctoral degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience providing statistical support to clinical studies in Oncology
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.