Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist within the Compound Management and Distribution group, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be responsible for supporting the preclinical evaluation of pre-candidate to candidate compounds identified through screening across various projects. Your skills and expertise will ensure that all work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines and Good Lab Practices.
Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
It is your hard work and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to achievement of immediate work group goals and collaborate with other team members.
- Satisfactorily completes all cGLP (current Good Laboratory Practices) and safety training in conformance with requirements.
- Develop customized solutions to address analysis, storage, and curation of data generated by various compound management systems.
- Develop expert level knowledge in the operation and troubleshooting of lab automation to support screening campaigns by providing near and assay ready plates.
- Develop expert level knowledge of the Compound to Assay Request Tool (CART) to be able to validate assay submittals created in CART by Assay Providers based on detailed knowledge of CMD Liquid Store operational capabilities.
- Collaborate with team members and partners to design and continuously improve workflows to ensure on-time delivery of requests.
- Maintain the Pfizer compound collection and develop innovative solutions which contribute towards proper compound stewardship.
- Develop custom, ad-hoc compound management workflows enabling end-to-end integration from compound stock to screening data publication.
- Collaborate with the Pfizer Digital line to develop enterprise level solutions that address data analysis, storage, and curation, including the ability to mine data for insights that support decision making.
- Execute qualifications/validations of new instruments and custom methods.
- Organize assigned work according to established departmental priorities.
- Interact with external vendors to obtain quotes and submit purchases where applicable.
- Complete required documentation for laboratory work, including the review and updating of existing, and preparation of new Standard Operating Procedures (SoP) for all CMD related laboratory workflows.
- Collaborate with the Primary Pharmacology Group to ensure alignment around assay technology selection, assay quality criteria and validation requirements.
- Identify and report any experimental problems, proactively troubleshoot causative factors, and implement necessary corrections following discussion with supervisor.
- Manage manual and robotic sample preparation, including the use and maintenance of appropriate equipment.
- Train other analysts on established technologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacology, Computer Science, or a related field, with some relevant work experience.
- A commitment to timely delivery and quality of the work product, overcoming obstacles in a fast-paced environment and a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Demonstration of excellent computer, verbal, and written communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstration of ability to work well with others on complex team projects
- Ability to use appropriate software to perform analysis of data
- Basic laboratory skills
- Demonstration of ability to present and share own work efforts with group with a high level of transparency
- Well organized with ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstration of ability for overcoming obstacles in a fast-paced working environment with a continuous improvement mind-set
- Master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacology, Computer Science, or a related field, with some relevant work experience.
- Demonstration of verbal and written communication skills. Past oral and/or poster presentations at conferences or society meetings are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong collaborative relationships inside and outside organizational walls and across multiple cultures: academic, industrial, and CROs.
- Basic understanding of primary pharmacology assay development and compound screening is a plus.
- Prior experience working in areas of compound management, or pharmaceutical laboratory automation, or high throughput screening is preferred.
- Expert knowledge in the operation and troubleshooting of liquid handling systems and other automated plate handling instruments is preferred.
- Experience in working with multi-functional, cross line teams is preferred.
- Drug discovery experience
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting, standing, and walking. Regular use of computers.
Other Job Details
- Candidate may periodically be asked to travel to the Pfizer Cambridge, MA (2-3h away) and Pearl River, NY (2h away) sites to meet project team members.
- Candidate must comply with laboratory safety practices and wear personal protection as required.
- Work Location Assignment: On Premise
On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development