Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
As a Lab Automation Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the lab automation practices, you will be an active team member whose decisions impact projects across Pfizer's portfolio. You will be responsible for development and deployment of laboratory automation methods, evaluation and implementation of new technologies, and enabling automation efforts within Analytical Research & Development (ARD). You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience, and your creativity in implementing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will also undertake mentoring activities to help teach project team members about the use of lab automation. It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Drive laboratory automation process development initiatives from conception through implementation and validation
- Ensure that the proper resources and equipment are in place to support new and ongoing automation initiatives
- Leverage broad technical knowledge and automation expertise to evaluate new technologies, share expertise throughout ARD, and influence automation progress
- Consult, maintain, and support activities including but not limited to robotic method wet run testing, instrument, and method qualification
- Prioritize the scheduling of work according to the requirements set forth by ARD leadership, expert working groups, and end users
- Ensure that all work is performed safely and that regulated tasks & activities are performed in compliance with cGXP and internal Pfizer and external regulatory requirements
- Mentor and develop automation expertise in junior colleagues and instrument end users
- BS in a scientific discipline with 5 years of industry experience
- MS in a scientific discipline with 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proven ability to perform basic analyses of laboratory data and interpret the results.
- Prior experience in a high throughput setting with process development experience.
- 2-5 years direct hands-on experience programming and troubleshooting robotic liquid handlers (Agilent, Hamilton, Tecan) and other laboratory automation equipment (robotic arm, plate reader/sealer/washer, automated incubator).
- Experience coding in R, python, C++, SQL, or similar languages.
- Prior experience working with cGxP regulations and/or other international regulatory guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong MS Office skills
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry space
- Direct experience working with Pfizer instrumentation and analytical methods
- Knowledge of analytical techniques including but not limited to LC-MS
- Experience with the development and evaluation of user requirements and conversion of requirements into deliverable methods and/or processes
- Occasional travel to Pfizer sites, vendor sites, and/or scientific conferences may be required.
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development