Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be part of a team that is addressing the critical task of rejuvenating our pipeline with innovative, differentiated First-In-Class/ Only-In-Class programs in the years to come. This will be addressed by generation of strong data packages from target hypotheses derived from academic outreach and initiatives. You will be an essential member of this team and creatively design and execute key experiments to address the basic and translational biology of novel drug targets, their molecular pathways, and their connection to human disease. You will support projects in one or more therapeutic areas of interest to Pfizer including Immunology, Oncology, Immuno-Oncology, Neurodegenerative Disease, etc.
With your deep knowledge in the discipline, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to achievement of goals of the team and influence at the work group/project team level.
- Apply technical skills and functional knowledge to projects/ assignments within own work group/ project team independently and proactively.
- Perform laboratory experiments to help establish robust disease biology, biochemical and cell-based compound screening assays and carry out in vivo evaluation across a broad array of target classes for the project teams.
- Prepare and present experimental results to project teams.
- Comply with all safety training and good laboratory practices.
The Immune Tolerance Group within the Inflammation & Immunology Research Unit aims to develop cures for autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, inflammatory bowel disease and vitiligo by activating endogenous immune regulatory mechanisms in the innate and adaptive immune systems. The Scientist will join a cross-disciplinary team performing cutting-edge, collaborative research to support drug development projects as well as early target discovery efforts. The colleague will utilize the latest technology platforms to perform immunological experiments, effectively strengthening the foundational understanding of immune tolerance, and rapidly apply these learnings collaboratively to develop cures for autoimmune diseases.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our team. Primary responsibilities include the development of in vitro assays to assess the tolerizing potential of novel therapeutics. Effective performance on large teams and comfort in a large, matrixed organization is essential. As a Scientist, the successful candidate will be expected to develop and optimize protocols, run experiments independently, collaborate with team members and partner lines to generate data with scientific rigor, and communicate findings in a timely manner. The successful candidate will demonstrate a capacity to learn fast, think critically, collaborate and communicate efficiently in a team environment.
- Perform mammalian cell culture of primary and transformed cells.
- Design, executeand optimize in vitro cell based assays to characterize novel mechanisms of immune tolerance.
- Analyze results and communicate scientific data efficiently to management and drug discovery teams.
- Guarantee that data generation, analysis, and laboratory notebook entry is handled in a compliant manner ensuring the highest quality and integrity of findings.
- Work collaboratively and independently to support portfolio programs, establish a schedule to meet deadlines, and harness the necessary resourcesacross a matrixed organization.
- BS/MS with 6 years of relevant laboratory experience in Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of Biology and Immunology.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture of primary and transformed cells.
- Record of delivering quality datasets that empower the generation of new programs.
- Established history of working efficiently in a team environment and collaborating with other scientists to complement individual areas of expertise.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to disseminate scientific findings in a concise manner to the group.
- Experience in pharmaceutical R&D.
- Hands-on experience with basic immunological techniques, such as primary cell culture, leukocyte isolation, multicolor flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR, Western blot, imaging.
- Knowledge of T cell biology and autoimmune disease pathophysiology.
- Genetic manipulation of human cells using shRNA/siRNA/CRISPR tools.
- Willingness to learn, ability to adapt quickly and apply new techniques.
NANON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development