As a Principal Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will have the important role to generate high-quality immunoassay data in a regulated GCLP laboratory setting to support Pfizer's vaccine programs according to Standard Operating Procedures.
You will manage clinical sample testing and work with the leadership to plan, design and critically analyze experiments to support the development and qualification/validation of assays as well as monitor assay performance and actively lead efforts in assay investigations. Your skills and expertise will ensure that all work is managed in a compliant manner according to relevant Standard Operating Procedures and GCLP.
You will be recognized as a technical expert and a significant scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will regularly contribute at the therapeutic area level and can represent the department on multidisciplinary teams. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide team members. It is your hard work and commitment that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly contribute at the therapeutic area level and represent the group on multidisciplinary teams.
- Influence at the therapeutic area/discipline level and increasingly at the project team level.
- Work with project teams to define study aims and experimental plans that meet the objectives of the research plan.
- Provide clear, concise and timely responses to project team requests for experimental information, and guide and develop laboratory-based scientists.
- Conduct research that leads to publication in peer-reviewed journals and presentation of data at internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Satisfactorily complete all GCGLP training and safety training in conformance with departmental requirements.
- PhD in immunology
- 4+ years of experience
- Demonstrated expertise in cellular immunology
- Demonstrated expertise in multi-color flow cytometry and ELISPOT
- Demonstrated expertise in GCLP clinical testing
- Breadth of knowledge of different areas of science, awareness of new technologies, and familiarity with current issues to apply novel and innovative approaches to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software
OTHER JOB DETAILS:
- Managerial experience, preferably in a commercial research and development setting
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development