We are looking for a Senior Scientist whose work will focus on DNA and molecular biology for the Upstream Development Group within Early Bioprocess Development at VRD in Pearl River, NY.The incumbent will work with the upstream mRNA drug substance team to support various efforts regarding DNA (including plasmid) and nucleic acid sequencing and characterization. A strong, hands-on background in all aspects of molecular biology is required, including molecular cloning, plasmid analysis, nucleic acid characterization, nucleic acid sequencing/analysis and in vitro transcription. There would be special interest in candidates with a background in Nanopore/SHAPE-seq and affiliated RNA analyses.The incumbent would be joining a team of scientists well-versed in mRNA production and characterization, and would be expect to both support and innovate efforts from the DNA and sequencing fronts.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The primary responsibility would be to support efforts in designing and generating DNA required for mRNA production.
- The incumbent should have a broad and strong understanding of all aspects of molecular biology, including plasmid design, DNA topology, and nucleic acid characterization for quality and purity
- In addition to the above, the ideal candidate would have hands on experience in performing and analyzing nucleic acid sequencing in general, as well as in the context of RNA structural tools, i.e. SHAPE-seq or other affiliated techniques
- As well as working with the mRNA team, the incumbent will be working closely with several other teams within and outside of VRD, as well as leading innovation efforts on their own
- Data documentation will be performed in a timely and compliant manner, and data presentation will occur within the group, to project teams and at the departmental level.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline and 0-2 years experience
- Experienced in the design and production of plasmid DNA and other forms of in vitro transcription templates
- Proven molecular biology skills
- Command of analytical techniques such gel/capillary gel electrophoresis, fragment analyzer, ddPCR, nucleic acid analysis (Sanger, NGS, Nanopore, etc.)
- Ability to design, organize and execute complex experiments
- Ability to plan experimental workflows for multiple experiments
- Ability to work independently
- Collaborates in a team environment
- Compiles, organizes and evaluates data
- Has experience in preparing making comprehensive presentations
Relocation support available
Work location is onsite
Employee Referral eligible
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development