A research technician position is immediately available to participate in research projects related to inflammation in obesity and atherosclerosis using animal models, human samples and tissue culture. Job Duties
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Selects, evaluates and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- High responsibility, and perform PI-assigned experiments and related jobs efficiently under minimal to moderate supervision
- Be comfortable to work with animals (mice), with animal techniques (colony maintenance, blood and tissue collection, etc); the ability to document and organized experimental data using computers;
- Tissue culture; immunohistochemistry; flow cytometry; ELISA; and basic cell and molecular biology (RNA, DNA isolation, RT-PCR, etc), with knowledge of the research methods and procedures.
- Some knowledge in related research area will be preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.