Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.
Pfizer's Vaccine Research and Development organization has been at the forefront of making history and improving human health - including creating some of the most complex and most sophisticated vaccines in the world, designed to tackle a wide range of infectious diseases of large unmet medical needs in people of all ages. What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist
, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. In this role, you will assist in the execution and oversight of clinical testing of bio functional assays to monitor the immune responses elicited by Pfizer's vaccine candidates in phase 3 clinical studies. You will perform assays, design reagent qualifications, perform data analyses, and update assay specific software applications within the Neutralization Assay Group within high-throughput Immunoassays and Diagnostics (HCID). As an integral member of this dynamic team, you must have a strong work ethic and be highly collaborative with the other group members. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and GLP and/or GCLP guidelines, when required.
Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
It is your hard work and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Perform bio functional assays according to standard operating procedures (SOP) to support viral and bacterial programs for phase 3 clinical studies using a robotic liquid handling workstation
- Execute testing of preclinical and clinical samples to meet program timelines
- Analyze the data derived from non-clinical assays to support reagent qualifications
- Update Labware Information Management System (LIMS) and Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) programs accordingly to requirement specifications to support the Neutralization Assay Group as needed
- Support in updating and authoring documents including SOP, reagent reports, and test methods
- Ensure the laboratory equipment are meeting company's compliance guidelines including preventative maintenance and monthly calibrations.
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory, including ordering/ restocking supplies, updating reagent inventory, and ensuring cleanliness
- Satisfactorily complete all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements. Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Contribute to achievement of immediate work group goals and collaborate with other team members.
- Satisfactorily completes all cGLP (current Good Laboratory Practices) and safety training in conformance with requirements.
- Perform sample preparation for preclinical and clinical serology in biofunctional assays to support vaccine development and clinical studies.
- Complete required documentation for laboratory work involving bio-functional assays.
- Organize assigned work according to established departmental priorities.
- Interact with external vendors to obtain quotes, and purchase reagents for clinical testing where applicable.
- Manage manual and robotic sample preparation, use and maintenance of appropriate equipment, and preparation of relevant reagents.
- BS degree in Biology, Immunology, Virology or similar field of study
- 3+ years of laboratory experience
- Laboratory experience in biology, immunology, virology, and/or microbiology
- Familiarity with a bio functional assay is a plus
- Experience handling infectious agents and biological materials safely, including live BSL-2 viruses
- Robotic and automation experience
- Experience following GLP guidelines, including adhering to SOPs, instrument IOQ/PQ, good documentation practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Comfortable using GraphPad Prism
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with experimental design and the interpretation of results
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- MS in Biology, Immunology, Virology or similar field of study
- Hands on experience with virology and/or microbiology
The position has physical requirements of basic office and laboratory work (sitting, standing, and walking).NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work weekends as needed for mission critical projects.OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development