Pfizer is making significant investment in the creation of novel, first-in-class therapeutics, by combining internal discovery and validation of drug targets with external partnerships to produce clinical drug candidates for the Pfizer pipeline. This position is in Emerging Sciences Biology (ESB) group within Target Sciences (TS).
We are seeking a driven and accomplished postdoctoral fellow with strong expertise in cardiovascular diseases to join ESB group in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues within Pfizer to study targets of interest in related cardiac disorders, including heart failure, vascular dysfunction and rare cardiac disease at a fast pace. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibility is to design and perform benchwork independently to build confidence-in-rationale for novel targets in cardiac disease areas and publish results in international meeting and peer-reviewed journals.
- Independently design, develop and test biological hypotheses.
- Interrogate novel cellular and molecular biology.
- Work independently to execute hands-on experiments and analyze data.
- Publish research findings in top-tier publications.
- Effectively present data in internal and external meetings.
- Drive multiple exploratory projects, and work collaboratively with multi-functional teams.
- Recent Ph.D. in molecular and cell biology, metabolism, physiology, or a related field.
- Strong track record demonstrated in the context of driving target discovery and validation projects and reflected in a strong record of achievement in peer-reviewed publications.
- Strong hands-on expertise in both in vitro cell-based cardiomyocyte assays, such as analysis of electrocardiograms and echocardiograms and in vivo cardiac disease animal models.
- Ability to work in a team environment; excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability and trouble shooting and data analysis.
- Solid skills in molecular/cell biology and biochemistry.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Expertise with rare cardiac disease and have deep experience in development and efficacy readouts of mouse/rat models.
- Additional expertise in gene editing/gene therapy, viral and non-viral delivery is preferred.
Must Have Work Authorization in US
Eligible for Relocation Assistance
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development