Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Chemistry Sourcing Lead, External Research Solutions will work independently alongside the local/global chemistry leaders/RPLs/SMTs/client groups to ensure effective utilization of the external resources for RU-based programs. This role will provide innovative solutions/operational/logistics support for the assigned RU/lines across Med Design.
This colleague will collaborate with ERS staff locally/globally to oversee chemistry sourcing activities (FFS/FTE/milestones/external collaborations) and guide chemistry teams on sourcing capabilities, and to share best practices across RU as a member of the global ERS community. You will independently serve as the primary link of the chemistry lines on issues related to external sourcing capabilities, operational enablement and to ensure alignment of the global resources against RU need in working with our CROs.
This colleague will interface will multiple divisions and Operation groups to enable effective and efficient process for sourcing to integrate services from CROs. As needed, to independently work in partnership with RU Chemistry, PSSM-CRD and SMTs to support their sourcing needs. Lead working groups or chemistry sourcing initiatives with CROs as the interface to facilitate communication, productivity enablement and operation efficiency and as needed, will support the alliance management of key technologies to support Med Design collaborations (academics/biotech).
.How You Will Achieve It
- Ensure optimal use of external resources against local RU project portfolio to ensure delivery of the portfolio
- Lead and provide some knowledge and advice through collaboration with the local Chemistry team; responsible for assessing business need for Chemistry Sourcing for the RU and delivering against those needs with the available resources
- Work directly RU chemistry LT to support changes in Chemistry outsourcing staffing paradigms to fully leverage external resources
- Prime interface between CROs serving RU chemists; helping with chemistry issue resolution, IP protection, communication, IT tool support, data integration to and from the Pfizer systems
- Develop, work with CRO/ERS to implement smooth processes for outsourcing compound synthesis (project initiation, maintenance and wind-down)
- Serve as the lead to communicate process/problem solving and win-win situation for external CRO to/from PFE
- Develop, share and evolve vendor productivity KPI and provide continuous improvement suggestion go be able to gain optimal ROI from our external chemistry collaboration
- Serve as the primary RU/Chem ERS liaison role effectively with customers and stakeholders to ensure they have realistic expectations of the contracting process, external providers and the contracting environment and provide data and status information to enable enhanced resource utilization
- Could develop/lead the implementation of sourcing tools and processes at a local level to best support and improve outsourcing management and supplier management practices; ensure tools, process and systems are adequate to deliver specific Chemistry-focused needs
- Serve and independently support as the primary interface with vendors and project management with CRO chemists and project managers for 1-2 Chem/RU lines
- Could lead CRO collaboration working group to manage/track productivity with regular assessments
- Provide input and support into global ERS group initiatives as appropriate
- Serve as the primary POC for RU-based chemists for logistical support regarding the management and oversight of external Chemistry resources (FTE, FFS, etc.) assigned for the RU
- Work direct with Synthesis leader to understand RU's portfolio needs (project, stages) and interface with the project team to help integrate chemistry sourcing for the RU
- Participate or lead in process improvement and harmonization of ERS Chemistry members through best practice sharing and process innovation
- May participate or lead working group/steering committee/affinity group for chemistry partners
- Support sourcing of physical chemical property measurements including logistic/data support and vendor management (work across RU if needed)
- Be able to work collaboratively and effectively with other members of the ERS local and global groups ERS/Business and Research operations group/Biology ERS to ensure good cross communication/learnings and process optimization to serve the chemistry clients
- Learn the SMT sourcing support process.
- Serve as the ERS sourcing lead on 2-5 SMT.
- Strong background in Synthetic or Medicinal Chemistry is required (PhD in Chemistry with 4+ years of industrial experience or MS with 8-10+ years or BS with 15+ year of industrial experience)
- Synthesis or Med Chem or drug discovery experience required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-matrix organization required
- Leadership on project experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused and solution oriented
- Be able to handle different types of responsibilities and multi-task efficiently
- Strong computer skills
- Be adaptable to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Have demonstrated application of continuous improvement
- Experience as a chemistry lead/Synthesis POC/RPL in Med Chem
- Experience managing Chemistry outsourcing and interacting with external vendors
- Experience across multiple RU, either as a leader (preferred) or participant
- Experience with Chemistry sourcing, preferably analog prep, scale-up or parallel chemistry, analytical chemistry, structural biology sourcing
- Employee Referral Eligible
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Last day to apply: Monday, October 3, 2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development