Job Description LOCATION
: Rockville, MD - mainly onsite, some remote
Are you seeking an opportunity where you can lead through influence using your technical expertise and contribute to the development of potential new vaccines? If so, this Scientist role could be an exciting opportunity to explore!
As a Scientist, you will be responsible for the formulation development, characterization, scale-up and support of drug product processes to enable commercial advancement of early and late-stage programs
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Work in a coordinated group in which drug product scientists work together to advance GSK's rich, exciting and dynamic pipeline
- Design, plan, execute, and document formulation and process development studies
- Apply scientific/engineering principles and techniques to develop, characterize and implement processes and next generation technologies and to tackle technical challenges
- Apply statistical/data analytics techniques to draw conclusions and make decisions
- Provide support, as needed, to clinical and commercial fill/finish manufacturing operations
- Author/review guideline documents, technical protocols, reports, product impact assessments, in support of IND and marketing application submissions
- Stay current on the latest developments in the industry and scientific community to continue innovating and to meet future business needs
- Effectively and consistently connect with management, cross-functional partners and relevant business partners on progress towards milestones and forthcoming program needs
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD degree in Bio/Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bio/Chemistry, or related scientific field OR MS with 4+ years of relevant industry experience OR BS with 6+ years of relevant industry experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why GSK? Our values and expectations
- Experience with vaccine adjuvants or protein-based formulations.
- Hands on experience with Analytical and Biophysical characterization techniques
- Hands on experience with Size exclusion chromatography, dynamic light scattering, pH, osmolality, intrinsic fluorescence, circular dichroism and calorimetric techniques.
- Experience with design of experiments and statistical data analysis
- Skills leading, planning, and completing complex projects on tight timelines .
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively
- Good understanding of biopharma / vaccine development process.
are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being. Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record