Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's Worldwide Medical and Safety colleagues play a key role in connecting evidence based medical decision support with colleagues and stakeholders to enable better health and treatment outcomes. Whether you are creating framework necessary to ensure our evidence is scientifically sound, providing unbiased, medically necessary expertise or investigating how to close gaps in data, our mission is simple. Empower healthcare decisions regarding the safe and appropriate use of medicines for patients. What You Will Achieve
As a member of the Pfizer Drug Safety Surveillance team, you will be relied on by the company to monitor its drug, biologics and medical device surveillance programs. This includes the intake, evaluation, and processing of any adverse reports received. Your work is wholistic, and spans products from supporting the clinical trial to post-marketing activities.
In your role as a Senior Manager, you will be setting the objectives for multiple projects in your division. Your managerial and technical skills will help in guiding the people in your division. Your understanding of the external marketplace and customer requirements will facilitate in instituting knowledge sharing practices in your team and outside. You shall be relied on to manage operational activities that support the goals of the division and sets direction for its success.
Through your expertise and extensive knowledge, you will be able to foster a culture that promotes innovation and thrives on doing better for patients and healthcare. How You Will Achieve It
- Develop and maintain knowledge of applicable SOPs and the Argus User Reference Guide.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of products within the Pfizer portfolio
- Maintain working knowledge of applicable corporate and global regulations/guidelines.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of ICSR processing to aggregate report quality and timeliness.
- Contribute to 'Right First Time' initiatives.
- Manage the case-flow process to ensure timely and accurate processing of adverse event cases to meet corporate and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provide oversight and guidance to Safety Surveillance Associates and Safety Surveillance Specialists on review and processing of adverse event reports.
- Manage the team's case processing to ensure complete and timely submission to the PSSR aggregate reports group.
- In cooperation with the Case Processing Head, Case Processing Cluster Team Leads, and Business Planning Leads, manage available resources to ensure effective processing of PSSR caseload, processing cases when necessary.
- Take responsibility for identifying the root causes of- and implementing the corrective actions for timeliness or quality issues associated with case processing.
- In the absence of the Case Processing Cluster Team Lead, act as point of contact for the Case Processing Cluster.
- Bachelor's degree in a science-related field, pharmacy or nursing or equivalent, advanced degree an advantage.
- Minimum of three years research, clinical or equivalent experience in the pharmaceutical industry; managerial experience in hospital or pharmacy, and familiarity with clinical assessment is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage people and foster teamwork.
- Demonstrable understanding of safety report processing and assessment of safety at the Senior Safety Surveillance Associate level; ability to process cases an advantage.
- Ability to meet personal objectives while meeting departmental standards of performance.
- Demonstrable skills in project, time and change management, organizational and facilitation skills.
- Good understanding of medical terminology and familiarity with principles of clinical assessment of safety reports in the context of an international pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of global regulations governing safety reporting.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, particularly in the use and management of relational databases.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills, in order to meet strict regulatory compliance goals.
- Good oral and written communication skills, with fluency in spoken and written English; knowledge of additional language(s) an advantage.
- Good problem solving and decision - making skills.
- Team building and team management experience.
Last date to apply: 10/2/2022
- Work Location Assignment:Flexible
- Eligible for Referral Bonus
- Relocation Support Available
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.