The Category Clinician supports the Global Clinical Lead in the development of the Clinical Development Plan and associated protocol design documents. S/He partners closely with colleagues in other lines to ensure program feasibility and optimized operational planning and may support organization of expert panels and advisory board meetings to provide input into clinical plans, study design or data analysis.
The Category Clinician acts a key partner for other clinical and clinical operations colleagues through the study lifecycle. S/He provides advanced scientific knowledge and therapeutic area expertise to the development of the final protocol and associated deliverables. During study execution and reporting the Category Clinician provides ongoing support to other clinical colleagues as needed, including support of protocol interpretation, data review and signal analysis/evaluation. S/He may provide specialized monitoring support if required.
S/He may support the GCL on regulatory submissions and may contribute to certain submission deliverables.
The Category Clinician may support various regulatory activities including product labels, core data sheets, Investigator Brochures, Development Safety Update Reports, and Periodic Benefit-Risk Evaluation Reports
S/He will help identify potential business development opportunities in his/her area of expertise and will support due diligence activities on potential in-licensing opportunitiesROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS EducationPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSExperience
- Supports development of CDP including PIP / PSP and associated protocol design documents (PDD's) working closely with CD&O clinicians to ensure study feasibility and optimized operational execution.
- Develops medicine specific clinical development enabling strategies including digital / innovation and patient engagement approaches.
- Support GCL in leading preparation for engagement points for CDP with governance and incorporation of feedback from such interactions into final deliverables.
- Partners with CD&O clinician on governance reviews (incl Sci/Ops) for assigned clinical studies with GCL support.Provides category clinical development strategy input and insights to CD&O clinicians for assigned clinical studies.
- Provides therapy area / indication expertise in support ofCD&O clinical review of clinical data - including CRF design, assistance in signal interpretation, contextualizingadverse events etc as required.
- Serves as medical monitor on one or more clinical trials, if required
- Key partner instudy level SAP, TLFs, BDRsin partnership with statistics and programing
- May supports GCL on submission level deliverables (IAP, IARP and submission TLFs). May contribute to submission deliverables including ISE, ISS, SCE and SCS
- As a key contributor to the CSR, and external presentations and/or manuscripts, supports appropriate interpretation and communication of clinical trial data.
- Review and approve submission level safety narrative plan (in partnership with GCL)
- Supports clinical due diligence activities on potential in- licensing, or partnership opportunitiesas delegated by the GCL
- May support interactions with external stakeholderswith GCL e.g Ad boards, Steering Committees, DMC, Adjudication Committees, patients and patientadvocates and other external stakeholders, todrivestrategicinsightgeneration to support clinical development strategy and PDD development.
- Provides regulatory submission support (inclIB, DSUR, PBRER) in partnership with the GCL, submission disclosure deliverables andproduct defense.
- Review IIR proposals (in partnership with GCL)
- 5-10 years of experience and track record of success in biopharmaceutical industry in clinical research and development
- Anti-Viral industry experience.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical development, global and regional regulation, ICH/GCP, adverse event management
- Demonstrated clinical/medical, administrative, and project management capabilities, as well as effective verbal and written communication skills in relating to individuals both inside and outside Pfizer
- Demonstrated experience managing and guiding large cross-functional teams in clinical development
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and launching large teams preferred
- Medical / Scientific credibility/Excellence - Track record of achievement in pharmaceutical development, able to coordinate and execute clinical development or lifecycle strategy. Demonstrated understanding of the complexities and recent developments in the principal disease areas; confident discussing scientific / mechanistic aspects of drug development, also comfortable in discussing commercial and regulatory issues
- Management experience - Able to set priorities and manage cross-functional teams and complex projects to deliver milestones according to set budgets; sets priorities; able to define and manage appropriate resource requirements (budgets and FTEs) both in-house and vendors / contractors
- Leadership - Persuasive and effective leader of staff in a matrixed team setting
- Influencing - Able to manage and motivate internal teams in clinical trials
- Conflict Management - Able to act as mentor / coach to others to improve conflict management skills; steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; prepared to take responsibility for a decision made and support this, even though it may be unpopular
- Recognizing and Developing Talent - Good judge of talent; can articulate strengths and limitations of people; provides challenging tasks and assignments, holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals and constructs compelling development plans; is a people builder.
- Team Building - Shares wins and success; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; creates a feeling of belonging to the team
- Accountability - Take personal responsibility for results, pushing self and others to exceed goals and deliver results
- Change agile - Able to demonstrate perspective and poise in the face of uncertainty and effectively get things done amidst organizational change
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.