What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) is a pioneering research unit that partners with leading academic research and medical centers and innovative biotech companies to translate novel findings into therapies that change patients' lives. This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional scientist to leverage their subject matter expertise and technical skills while collaborating with world-leading investigators and multidisciplinary research teams at Pfizer. For this role, we are seeking a driven scientist with a broad background in biomedical research as demonstrated by an accomplished work history. The candidate will leverage their expertise in cellular and molecular biology to interrogate drug target biology, evaluate target molecular mechanisms of action, and understand drug candidate pharmacology. How You Will Achieve It
The candidate will be expected to conduct highly innovative research in broad areas of interest to Pfizer that include neurological, renal, and fibrotic diseases. The candidate will be expected to design, conduct, and interpret molecular and cellular experiments to better understand the biology of drug targets and pathways and to use the tools created by this work to evaluate early stage large and small molecule drug leads. The position requires a hands-on scientist who directly utilizes their technical expertise at the bench to test hypotheses, develop compelling data packages, and advance biological knowledge and drug development projects. The candidate must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about learning new areas of biology and in creating practical applications of those learnings.
CTI identifies, initiates, and advances its drug development programs in collaboration with all disease area research units within Pfizer. Consequently, this role will require a scientist with an interest and aptitude to work on a diverse array of topics that could include oncology, inflammation/ immunology, metabolic diseases, and rare diseases. Therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate abilities, interest, and the mental agility to pursue research outside of their specific area of expertise.
The candidate will be an individual contributor on highly matrixed multidisciplinary teams comprising other members of CTI, partner-lines, disease research units, and collaborating external scientists. Therefore, the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stake holders is essential.
The candidate will conduct research in a manner ensuring that aggressive project deliverables and timelines are met. The candidate is expected to embrace and embody the entrepreneurial spirit and biotech-like culture, values, and goals of CTI and to contribute to an exciting, collaborative, productive, and scientifically rigorous working environment. QualificationsMust-Have
- BS/MS in molecular/cellular biology or a closely related field with 5 or more years of experience conducting laboratory research
- Technical expertise at the bench to test hypotheses, develop compelling data packages, and advance biological knowledge and drug development projects.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm to learn new areas of biology and create practical applications of those learnings.
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of cellular and molecular assays focused on understanding disease mechanisms and targets.
- Highly collaborative with a strong desire to make simultaneous contributions to multiple independent projects in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong English language written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Technical skills should include experience with most or all of the following: Molecular cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, TaqMan, ELISA, Luminex, cell-based assay development (e.g. cellular cytotoxicity, proliferation, reporter, ligand binding, etc. with multiple readouts), FACS, Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry.
Other Job Details
- Candidates with prior research experience in biotech or pharmaceutical companies.
- Candidates with a prior research focus on renal or neurological diseases
- Evidence of ability to conduct innovative research outside the primary area of concentration.
- Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo assessment of drug candidates (small molecules and/or biopharmaceuticals)
- Work Location Assignment: On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development