Pfizer Boulder Research and Development (formerly Array BioPharma), located in Boulder, CO, is focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of targeted small molecule drugs to treat patients afflicted with cancer. The research group in Boulder was responsible for recently developing and launching BRAFTOVI (encorafenib) and MEKTOVI (binimetinib) for patients with BRAF mutated melanoma. These products have also been granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation by the FDA for BRAF mutated colorectal cancer. This role will report to Don Backos, Senior Principal Scientist, in the Computational Chemistry Department.
We are seeking a Computational Chemist at the Principal Scientist level with advanced knowledge of computational chemistry principles, concepts, and practices to join our research group. The candidate must have 4+ years of experience in the application of computational modeling to guide medicinal chemistry projects in a pharmaceutical industry or academic environment, with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a larger interdisciplinary team.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Have a track record in utilizing computational chemistry and molecular modeling techniques and software applications to support drug design and development projects.
- Be able to effectively communicate the results of modeling studies to non-experts
- Work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment to evaluate new disease targets and analogs for key medicinal chemistry projects
- Assist the medicinal chemistry teams with prioritization and compound design
- Promote and evaluate new computational techniques and technologies for drug discovery
- Be able to work independently (under minimal supervision) and make decisions that may require developing new options to solve complex problems
- Represent the computational chemistry group to management and internal collaborators
- Provide formal and/or informal mentoring
- Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry or related discipline
- 3+ years of post graduate experience in the pharmaceutical industry or academia applying various methods of computer modeling to drug discovery projects
- Skilled in applying state-of-the-art methods and tools for structure-based drug design, in silico screening, QSAR, and pharmacophore development
- Must be self-motivated, have exceptional communication skills, and have a strong grasp of bio-organic and medicinal chemistry concepts
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION:
- Experience with scripting and programming languages that are used in scientific applications is a plus
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development